l parahybana

fenhawk1

Arachnosquire
I was wondering if a suitable second T to get is an Lasiodora Parahybana, i am not going to handle it and i think i should be ok,, just wondering what you guys think, like do i have to mist everyday and keep high humidity

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i am also getting one and i've been told that dry is fine with a water bowl. and yeah i'm not an expert but i think an lp is a good one [it's my second too lol ;) ]

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These are perfectly fine for a second T. I've got two big ones. Dry coco and a water dish, that's all.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No, you don't need to - just let the water dish overflow a bit when you refill, so that a small part of the substrate gets moist. mine will occasionally hover over that moist area, but most often she's on the dry side of the tank.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
second is fine it was a third for me and it isnt hard to take care of at all

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
My second T was an LP. It was tiny when I got it, last October. It is now around 6" and doing fine with just a water dish that's overflowed every now and then and just a few fake plants and a coconut hide. A great, hardy, and gigantic tarantula. Good choice. Just watch out for the u-hairs.

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
i just got 2 little ones they like to run out and on to my hand when it feed them lol i would get a smaller one if i were you

LordPofas

Arachnopeon
Help a newbie out

I am getting a 2.5 inch LP in a few days, it's actually gonna be my first T. I've kept an enclosure ready now for 2 weeks to experiment with temp and humidity. I have read that they should be kept at 70F and 70% humidity. I kept a space heater in the room and that kept the temp at a constant 75 but the humidity wouldn't rise above 30% no matter how much I overflowed the water dish, I even covered most of the top of the enclosure with seram wrap, and still no good. I decided to turn the space heater off and see what happens, the humidity now stays at a constant 70% but the temp is 65F. This time of year my house doesn't get any warmer than that. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks
-Eric

Edit: I am using Ecoearth substrate

Last edited:

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LPs are awesome. They are very hardy, are in the "Best of" class when it comes to eating, grow quickly, aren't likely to bite, and look pretty for a brown spider.

Only downside? U-hair. They are usually somewhat skittish, but not as skittish as many others. Enjoy guys!