L. parahybana stress?

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
On the 18th, my L. parahybana molted. A week later, he took a cricket, no problem. Since then he has run away from all food offered...both crickets and pinkie.
Any suggestions? He has minimum human contact. Any input?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
what size is he again?
As long as his abdomen is looking good, and not shrinking, I'd say don't worry about him. Just make sure he's got plenty of fresh water (unless he's sling size). Sometimes mine take WEEKS to eat after a molt, even if they've eaten once or twice. They may quit for a while as well.
Holley

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
6 inches. And he's already taken a cricket. His abdomen is smaller as usual after a molt...a bit too small IMO but not famished.
Thanks for the help, BTW.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
that's right, he's a big guy. I'd say he's ok unless he refuses food for so long that his abdomen starts shrinking!

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by Inktomi
On the 18th, my L. parahybana molted. A week later, he took a cricket, no problem. Since then he has run away from all food offered...both crickets and pinkie.
Any suggestions? He has minimum human contact. Any input?

This reminds me of a little stunt that Rio, my 4 inch L.P. pulled on me....

Last week, when I went to feed "him" (not sure it's a male or a female yet so I anticipate the worst case scenario), I offered him a pinky. He'd eaten pinkies a few times before so I thought he might like one. He refused it.

So I figured before I gave up on him, I'd offer him a cricket to see if he was just being choosy. He snapped it right up.

Moral of the story? If you've fed him anything besides pinkies or crickets, it just MIGHT be what he's in the mood to eat this time. ;)

Wysi

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My parahybana is about 9" and she is not a real aggressive feeder. If I feed her a pinkie or a fuzzy she will walk away at first and then when I check on her an hour or so later she has it, so maybe just give it some more time.

Andy

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Mine is about 5 inches and the first 2 months i had him/her it didnt eat then after it molted it seriously pounces on whatever i throw in there superworm cricket etc.. as soon as it hits the grund it sits on its hide alot if it its the top of the had and trys to crawl down the side and run away the spider chases him down and gets him, but i wouldnt really worry hes probably just being choosy