L. parahybana sexing

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alright. I am hoping these pictures come through pretty good for y'all. This is my 4.5"-5" LP.

I am leaning towards female. I am hoping I am right.

What do y'all think?

IMG_0667.JPG IMG_0660.JPG IMG_0661.JPG IMG_0662.JPG IMG_0665.JPG IMG_0666.JPG

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's mine when she was little. Not nearly as pronounced as yours but it has those "lips".
Well that's a dang good sign. I figured female. I have just been out of the hobby so long I wanted others opinions. I really wish the hairs didn't bother me as bad as they do. She is a ferocious eater as expected from an LP.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So, I am looking around at prices. Why have the prices of female LPs went up?

I seen a 2-2.5" female for $115, and a 6" female for $275.

Shoot. Back in the day, I sold my 7" female to a buddy here for $100.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So, I am looking around at prices. Why have the prices of female LPs went up?

I seen a 2-2.5" female for $115, and a 6" female for $275.

Shoot. Back in the day, I sold my 7" female to a buddy here for $100.
The only reason I can think of is because those sacs are so darn small. They get, what, 10-20 eggs tops, right? :rolleyes:

OK, so not a supply and demand issue, but probably because they "get HUGE" and everyone wants a tarantula the "size of a dinner plate". :meh: People are obviously buying them at that price so why sell 'em for less ...:sorry:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The only reason I can think of is because those sacs are so darn small. They get, what, 10-20 eggs tops, right? :rolleyes:

OK, so not a supply and demand issue, but probably because they "get HUGE" and everyone wants a tarantula the "size of a dinner plate". :meh: People are obviously buying them at that price so why sell 'em for less ...:sorry:
Right. 10 to 20 eggs. Small sacs. Of course. That must be what it is. I should've known!

I noticed the price increase on the G. rosea/porteri/whatever. Assuming it's from the export ban. I see them at my LPS for $30. Heck, I might as well get them and make a profit. Since folks are buying them at that price, right? lol

I am just kidding on the markup.