L parahybana question

Arachnoballs

Arachnopeon
How dry/humid should enclosure be for this tarantula? What is ideal substrate?

Need advice.

Thanks

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How dry/humid should enclosure be for this tarantula? What is ideal substrate?

Need advice.

Thanks
Ideal substrate would be coconut fiber, peat, or a mix of the two.

My two big ones are on dry substrate with a large waterdish and are doing fine.

Alboy84

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I've always had mine on vermiculite with a large water dish, mines about 6-7 iches (suspected female). I did try coco fibre, but she was having none of it and was on the sides of the tank for about a month (thought I'd let her get used to it...) before I changed it back. I guess every T's different.

I suppose it depends how big the one you have is...if it's a sling then I suppose more humidity would be needed but if it's over 2-3 inches a water dish should do fine. LP's are quite hardy in general though.

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
L parahybana answer

In my experience, it doesn't really matter that much. They are very hardy. Don't use sand though (just search).

--Dan

Armstrong5

Arachnosquire
I have one that is around 4 inches and one that is about 1 inch and I keep them both on coco fiber...I keep the sling moist with no water bowl and keep the larger one dry with water bowl but i do mist the tank once or twice a week...also my stays around 70 to 80 percent humidity..It helps that I live in GA its extremely humid.But like the others said they are pretty hardy from my experience.

Arachnoballs

Arachnopeon
Thank you for advice. How long should I wait after putting her in new enclosure to introduce food? She seems to like her new home, and is not crawling on sides of tank...but I dropped some crickets in with her this afternoon (24-hours post re-home) and she's just not interested. She doesn't seem to be bothered by them...just not eating.

Should I remove them, or let them remain in hopes she gets hungry later?

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thank you for advice. How long should I wait after putting her in new enclosure to introduce food? She seems to like her new home, and is not crawling on sides of tank...but I dropped some crickets in with her this afternoon (24-hours post re-home) and she's just not interested. She doesn't seem to be bothered by them...just not eating.

Should I remove them, or let them remain in hopes she gets hungry later?
i recently re-housed my 3.5 in parahybana and waited 24 hours before offering food...she still is like a cricket vacume cleaner :D

i'd remove them for a while...

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I keep my LP with a water dish and mist the substrate everyonce in a while. They sure can put down food though :D

Imbrium

Arachnopeon
Mine is about 2.5 in. I keep her on peat, she seems to like it on the wet side. If I let it get too dry she hangs out in the water dish.

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've got a couple kinds of Lasiadora, including parahybana. I use a thick layer of coco fiber, keep a water dish full (they drink frequently) and overall keep the cages moderately dry. (The area around the water dish is always damp.) These guys eat more than any other tarantulas I have, so I figure they get a lot of moisture that way too.