L. Parahybana question

nolan

Arachnopeon
Is it normal for an L. Parahybana to not hide or burrow while i do enjoy seeing her anytime i decide to look in her cage i find it increasingly strange that she never ever hides

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
They are very bold T's even as slings they are its also one of the most active i have.

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Yea my LP slings refuse to go into their burrow even when I open their enclosure. lol Tough little critters.

nolan

Arachnopeon
She is definatly not scared of anything whenever i reach in there for one thing or another she doesn't run away she just stands her ground

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
Yea my LP slings refuse to go into their burrow even when I open their enclosure. lol Tough little critters.
That's odd, I've got 4 11/2" LP slings and 3 of them have their Homes that they run to with even the slightest disturbance. (the other one is an oddball- Molted a couple days after the others, and doesnt burrow..) Maybe your little guys just really want to tag you.

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
mine is the same! She wont ever burrow as such, what se did do was start excavating mud out of her plant pot half, then proceeded to grab loads of mos and bung it up and fill it with that :? I did remove the plant pot half due to it being of more of a cricket hiding place than hers, she hardly ever set foot in there. She is very active and eats like a roman king! Climbs a lot tho, so i had to make her substrate deeper to avoid a nasty fall :eek:

nolan

Arachnopeon
Mine use to run around alot now i am pretty sure she is in premolt she won't eat and when she is moving its walking from one end of the cage to the other spreading web lol

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ditto to what most said, i chose this T because of hearing about their boldness and willingness to stay out in the open from others here (and gorge themselves :D). i have been seeing pretty much that with my sling, hasn't even tried to dig and will eat up until practically flipped over moulting.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Tiny slings tend to burrow and hide some, but once they get a little bigger (even 2 inches or so) they'll tend to become more "bold."

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
That's odd, I've got 4 11/2" LP slings and 3 of them have their Homes that they run to with even the slightest disturbance. (the other one is an oddball- Molted a couple days after the others, and doesnt burrow..) Maybe your little guys just really want to tag you.
Well my Mexican Redrump is an inch, and it burrows quickly. But as for the LP slings, they just roam around, rest then roam some more. But today one escaped it's enclosure and I'm not too happy about it. Hope it pops out soon because it's so tiny and the same color as our carpet.