L. parahybana not flipping over

aphonopelmapaloma

Arachnopeon
Love Viper for who he is - Our no BS, sometimes a little caps lock-y, tarantula loving friend. Better to repeat information than have it be glossed over, yeah?

Breathe - in through your nose and out through your mouth. Enjoy your tarantula and let us know when it completes its molt!
lol okay?

aphonopelmapaloma

Arachnopeon
Thanks to those who’ve answered my question. It took my female over a day and half to finally flip over. I wasn’t aware that it can take long so I appreciate those who’ve clarified it for me. This is something I’ll definitely keep in mind for future molts. Thanks everyone! :)

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Thanks to those who’ve answered my question. It took my female over a day and half to finally flip over. I wasn’t aware that it can take long so I appreciate those who’ve clarified it for me. This is something I’ll definitely keep in mind for future molts. Thanks everyone! :)
seems i am late to the party, yes i have experienced this as well, i have also had an adult Lasiodora parahybana lay on her mat for almost 24h flipped over before it started to molt.

aphonopelmapaloma

Arachnopeon
seems i am late to the party, yes i have experienced this as well, i have also had an adult Lasiodora parahybana lay on her mat for almost 24h flipped over before it started to molt.
Yeah, I wasn’t worried about her molting long but just the process to get there. I know now this is normal. Thanks for sharing that too cause then I won’t want to worry when that happens as well 😅

webjunkie72

Arachnopeon
I've learned that a tarantula will do what a tarantula do naturally in the wild in captivity. so why worry. although forums like this and the information we have to date still don't cover all what a tarantulas do in the wild. people told me my curly hair tarantula hates wet substrate 🤔🤷‍♂️. but I noticed one day my curly hair T moisten the substrate by rolling up webbed substrate in the water bowl laid on its back on top of it and made a half cocoon. the first time the substrate was completely dry. heres my take on things. since you have nature in an enclosure let nature preform for ya, observer, learn and share on arachnoboards.

Last edited: