L. parahybana mating

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I've left these guys alone since the first time I tried to breed them so that I could give the male time to build himself a sperm web. Well, I went through today and watered everyone and I noticed he was trying extra hard to get out of his cage so I thought, what the heck! I put him in and OMG!! I wish I had video taped it! It was such a BEAUTIFUL breeding!! The male started drumming and Velvet practically fell over, she was drumming so hard! They spent around 4 minutes drumming back and forth and then they found each other and she practically bent herself backwards for him! She didnt even pretend to fight him off! I'm so excited!!!! I'm 100% sure that she will drop an eggsac...I just hope she keeps it! =D :Texcited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A blessing and a curse all at the same time {D
Here's to hoping to have a few thousand babies! {D

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
o_O boy you get around fast dont you! Lol =P

Its a 50/50 loan so I only have to deal with maybe a thousand =P

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That is some good relief then! I could not imagine having to feed all of them alone :eek:
Hopefully in a few months we see another post with mommy and her egg sac. :)

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
That is some good relief then! I could not imagine having to feed all of them alone :eek:
Hopefully in a few months we see another post with mommy and her egg sac. :)
With all the sacs you have cooking you WILL imagine what its like soon enough ;)

Congrats on the breeding!!! Good luck at feeding time.:rolleyes:

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Congratulations. Sounds like it's off to a good start, good luck getting some babies!

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I tried feeding her today and she ignored the food. Incase it was just a one time deal, I try again in a few days to see if she munches on a roach. Shes also been webbing more than usual. I think I know where shes going to make her eggsac! Shes go webbing going from the left side of her hide up to the side of the sterilite container and the ground between them has a nice layer of webbing that wasnt there before. =D
Its been 17 days since her first breeding and so far it looks promising!