L. Parahybana female behavior!

Malaric

Arachnopeon
okay guys. Any ideas why my female keep climbing the window and the top off the enclosure... is she unhappy or something?
I keep it pretty moist. Its a big enclosure as you can see on the pic. Im i doing something wrong, or is this just normal behaviour? I have confirm its a female, i can show pic off last molt if any1 wanna see. She is like 7 inch big

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
You shouldn’t need to keep the substrate moist. An adult LP really just needs access to a water dish and you could wet individuals corner to see if it prefers that but it sounds like she’s just settling in and exploring (if you recently rehoused her) or doesn’t like having moist substrate

Malaric

Arachnopeon
Cool. I dont moist the substrate. Just the moss around. But i hope she just settling in. She been in this enclosure for like 2 months.

49ers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My LP does the samething and always trying to escape, I wonder if that's a LP thing

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Cool. I dont moist the substrate. Just the moss around. But i hope she just settling in. She been in this enclosure for like 2 months.
You have moss all over the place, though. She can't find anywhere to walk without moss. They don't want to be walking on wet moss all the time. Keep the moss to a couple of small areas, so you can keep it a bit damp during the drier months, but you don't need wet moss all over the enclosure.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Is that a fluorescent lamp? If so, you have here the answer. They emit heat, and the T is atracted to that heat.

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
seems like normal behavior

my L. parahybanas always circle the tank and put web all around, she even put some web from the middle of the lid straight to the ground :)

i catch her on the glass just as much as anywere else, it seems to be just more space gor my females

now if it was avoiding the ground that might be something to look out for (too wet or loose substrate, etc.)

i personally dont use any moss

the enclosure looks very nice to the human eye, im just not sure how bothered the spider would be by the light, maybe add some more cover?

Malaric

Arachnopeon
Is that a fluorescent lamp? If so, you have here the answer. They emit heat, and the T is atracted to that heat.
Its not. Just light, no heat

seems like normal behavior

my L. parahybanas always circle the tank and put web all around, she even put some web from the middle of the lid straight to the ground :)

i catch her on the glass just as much as anywere else, it seems to be just more space gor my females

now if it was avoiding the ground that might be something to look out for (too wet or loose substrate, etc.)

i personally dont use any moss

the enclosure looks very nice to the human eye, im just not sure how bothered the spider would be by the light, maybe add some more cover?
Thanks for reply man. The light is not on for that many hours. But yes, my lp allso just, run around and webbing :) its dos have a hide, it allways had. But nerver ever used it. Or try to borrow or anything. The humidity is like 40% im the tank, i try to make it abit higher but the climate here i am is very dry.