L. mactans question with pic

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I caught this girl a few days ago and I am wondering about the triangular marking on the front of the abdomen. I've seen several with this identical mark on them. I hatched out a sac once that had four with the exact same marking and they kept them for the rest of their life. One of those I bred hoping the trait would show up in the offspring but no such luck. I had her for almost three years and not one of her babies had it. This one is completely unrelated to her and yet it has the exact same marking in the exact same place. Has anyone else ever seen this before? Is there any other markings that show up with any degree of regularity?

Attachments

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've seen this marking before as well in some of the L.mactans I've had. I believe some L.hesperus possess this mark as well? I could be wrong. Anyways I couldn't find anything on it so I just assumed it was just a morph thing, kinda like us humans aren't all the same. You know what I'm getting at? I'll be more then happy if someone could tell me I'm wrong, and what the marking actually is.

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The most interesting thing about it is, in the others I've had with that mark, they all had a white "x" right under it. Really cool looking. This one has some sort of marking there, but if you look closely in the pic, it appears to be covered up with what looks to be burned skin. It looks like something burned it where the white was. I assume it's either an old injury or just another weird marking. She eats fine and as you can see, she doesn't mind giving birth lol.