L. hesperus spiderlings

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As most of you know, I have a tiny eggsack from my hesperus. How do I feed the spiderlings? Do I throw in one cricket and let the mother of the babies kill it and bring it for them to all eat on?

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As most of you know, I have a tiny eggsack from my hesperus. How do I feed the spiderlings? Do I throw in one cricket and let the mother of the babies kill it and bring it for them to all eat on?
You'll eventually loose most, if not all of the slings if left to hatch with the mother. In a larger container it can be trouble for the slings to find food along with the fact the adult will often gather and bundle up all the prey for herself. Sometimes a few slings will feed with her, but most will start hunting down each other or die of starvation. If you decide to go that route (which can be interesting) funnel in fruit flies and/or pinheads. The problem with pinheads is that they dont always get up high where the slings are. The problem with fflies is they are not the greatest food source (so you need to feed more often).

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Okay, so pick the sack from the mother, put it in a not so huge container, try to feed them pinheads, if that doesn't work, try fruit flies.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it sounds like you have so few that you should separate them as soon as it hatches, if you want very many left.