L.hesperus eggsac

Stugy

Arachnolord
So I caught 2 Latrodectus hesperus back in Albuquerque (back in California now :D) and one of them immediately made an eggsac the next day (after I caught her). Should I remove the sac and put it somewhere else? I've never had to deal with an eggsac before and I'm excited about it. The eggsac was built about 3-5 days ago btw (already forgot the day I caught her xD)

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There's a couple things you could do.

You could pull it now, open the sack, and incubate the eggs like what you'd do with Theraphosid eggs. This is what I do if I want to maximize my survival rate (they will cannibalize in the eggsack if you wait too long to pull it/open it.)

You could leave it with mom for ~2 weeks and pull it when they're around the EWL stage. You may have some loss of eggs this way (cannibalization/eggs going bad).

You could pull the sack when you notice it start to darken up (~3 weeks. This indicates the slings/some of the slings have molted to 2i) you will lose the most with this method due to cannibalization and eggs going bad.

The times indicated rely heavily on temperature. Higher temps, faster development.

These are just my personal experiences/opinions based on breeding Latrodectus for ~10 years.

Stugy

Arachnolord
These are just my personal experiences/opinions based on breeding Latrodectus for ~10 years.
lmao just as a reminder xD.
Regarding the first method, how could I incubate the eggs? As I've said and should've said with more detail, this is my FIRST EVER eggsac with ANY spider lol! I literally have no idea what I'm doing xD Thanks for the options though! (sorry if I ended up sounding rude because I don't know whether or not I did because at this point I somehow get people mad at me just by talking the way I do :/)

Stugy

Arachnolord
Oh my gawd the other one made an eggsac (just checked) and it looks like it spilled because there are (what I think to be) eggs everywhere xD. C'mon guys just let me rehouse you before you make eggsacs!

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Approximately how many spiderlings can an egg sack produce?