L. Difficilis and P. Irminia - HANDLED!!!

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, it was a matter of actually getting the "cahones" so to speak - but I finally got both my L. Difficilis juv and my P. Irminia juv out of their enclosures to handle!

The L. Difficilis [Lacey Underall] was a little reluctant to moving, but after a few swipes with the paitbrush she got out of the cage, onto my hand, then onto my table for a little exploring. Didn't seem frightened at all - and I didn't see any sign of threat from her. However, at one point she climbed onto my hand and scurried a little bit - waving her arms very high much like an aborial would - that freaked me out a bit, but once she got onto level ground she chilled out.

"P" the P. Irminia was a little tougher. I searched for the post and couldn't find it, but someone suggested an interesting method for handling/transferring a pokey - piss it off with a paintbrush, and eventually it will let you guide it. I tried this with P - with much success - he threw up a threat at first, but a couple more nudges around the cage with the paintbrush and he had calmed down. He would walk to the top of the tank, touch my hand, then avoid it and crawl back down. He then climed on, but scurried off as soon as i moved. About the 5th attempt, he came out, crawled all over me, on the floor, on my girlfriend - reminded me of the docility that I saw out of my old A. Versi....

I'll post some pics as soon as me/my girlfriend figures out her camera phone....

Bottom line though, I know that guiding and "pissing off" (only initially though) my fairly agressive irmina worked very well. I was scared sh*tless initially of it, but this method worked! After I put it back in the enclosure, it crawled around everywhere for another 20 minutes, like when I set my rosie back down. < whew - long post - i'm just excited >

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
And another fuzzy pic of my L. Difficilis (it's a phone-camera, what do you expect?)

Attachments

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
wow that's nice

soon my L. difficilis will be that size. They're fast growers and fast none the less Yeah well you have beautiful T T's