L. cristata mating pic

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I thought I would share a few pics I took of my most recent breeding project-- L. cristata. The pics are a little blurry because the male was very timid, and the pace was fast and furious. He would retreat every time that the female responded to his drumming with some of her own. Finally, I was able to witness a hook-up. Wish me luck!

John

Attachments

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by JP version 1.0
I thought I would share a few pics I took of my most recent breeding project-- L. cristata. The pics are a little blurry because the male was very timid, and the pace was fast and furious. He would retreat every time that the female responded to his drumming with some of her own. Finally, I was able to witness a hook-up. Wish me luck!

John
You know I wish you luck, John, and I wouldn't mind having a little luck myself! I was trying to mate your guy with my female last night during the Superbowl, and my husband was laughing because every time the female drummed back to the male the silly guy would panic and come flying out of the box, and I'd have to coax him back in again. I suppose I could make some kind of football parallel here, with yardage being gained and lost, but suffice to say my coaching didn't win the game :(

Joy

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: Re: L. cristata mating pic

Originally posted by Joy
You know I wish you luck, John, and I wouldn't mind having a little luck myself! I was trying to mate your guy with my female last night during the Superbowl, and my husband was laughing because every time the female drummed back to the male the silly guy would panic and come flying out of the box, and I'd have to coax him back in again. I suppose I could make some kind of football parallel here, with yardage being gained and lost, but suffice to say my coaching didn't win the game :(

Joy
I think he's a palp tease.;) That sounds like the exact same thing he put me through. I hope he works out for you, Coach.:)

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wish you lots of luck too JOhn. We need more of those little guys in the hobby, no? They are among my favorite species for sure. :)

Atrax

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
L. cristata

Nice well fed gal! Good luck with the eggsack. I had a male mature out about 3 years ago and there weren't too many adult females around.

My favorite of the "white knee" types!

N-Joy