Kuranda E. rubripes pics

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Here's some pics in the sunlight of one of my Kuranda Ethmostigmus rubripes. Enjoy!
46750187935_0ef80fa9be_o.jpg 47613076922_27e5f1f98d_o.jpg 47613074702_1e613a377a_o.jpg

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Where do you get them from? I’m actually after one right now. Thanks

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
This guy was a one-off in a collecting trip that mostly yielded tigers and Cairns greens. There's another person I know of who collects them. When I can dig up his phone number, I'll message you.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
No worries! But bear in mind, Kuranda rubripes have some of the worst temperaments I've ever seen on pedes. Even more spastic and jumpy than the tigers.

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
No worries! But bear in mind, Kuranda rubripes have some of the worst temperaments I've ever seen on pedes. Even more spastic and jumpy than the tigers.
Good evening Staehilomyces, I’m sorry to bother you mate, but my parents are very strict on their house rules, one of which for my inverts is they said “ you are only allowed to have no more than two animals” which I do with my well known and longest living invert ever in my invert keeping journey my ethmostigmus rubripes (Bob) and my Hadronyche Infensa (Scarlet). But yeah, if one of my animals are unfortunate enough to pass away, I can certainly consider getting myself a Kuranda rubripes or one of those blue legged banded morsitans you’ve got, may well be very valuable to have in my possession as well! But my parents regularly check my enclosures to ensure there are no “smuggled” new additions without getting rid of one of my current animals (which were hard work to find and catch). Have a nice evening!!

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Hi Staehilomyces, I was watching one of your S.morsitans videos on YouTube this afternoon and I have taken a fancy to the one with the yellow body with the bands and the blue legs (which is irresistible), and I was wondering where did you get the specimen from, because I yearn for one. Thanks so much! Much appreciated!!

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
They're from inland North Queensland - the one in my video was collected in Townsville.

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
Is it just me or do the spiracles look packed with tiny red mites?

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
Is it just me or do the spiracles look packed with tiny red mites?
The red areas are just indications of the spiracles and are part of the animal. In species of Ethmostigmus and Scolopendra, the spiracles are red. You can believe me because I am also an Ethmostigmus keeper because my collection gem is my Ethmostigmus rubripes tiger form.