Kukulcania hibernalis

fried rice

Arachnoknight
Has anyone had a kukulcania hibernalis? Are they good pets? How many times do you have to feed them? Sorry I have a lot of questions.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I’ve kept others Filistatidae species before but not this one. They make pretty good pets. They are long lived and make nice webs. You can probably feed it every 1-2 weeks or less often.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've had a female for a couple of years now. I drop in a cricket for her about once a week. Problem is, I never see her unless I shine a flashlight into her hidey hole. (She's inside a cholla tube.) I've had males before (locally caught) and they were always visible and active - but I've always let them go after keeping them for a couple of weeks, so they could find a sexy lady spider to mate with. (This was before I had my own female - but my local (California) males may be a different species of Kukulcania anyway, since my female is from Arizona.)

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Has anyone had a kukulcania hibernalis? Are they good pets? How many times do you have to feed them? Sorry I have a lot of questions.
I love keeping K. hibernalis. They are very easy to keep, not picky about setup or food.

My adult females get fed about once a month. They have very slow metabolisms.