Kugellager's Tarantula Pics

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Well here are some cool pics of my freshly molted female P.irminia (Venezuelan Suntiger). It went from just over 4" across to 5 1/4" across with this molt. Much kudos to Atrax for helping me re-house and photograph this T. Despite the reputation for this being a quick and defensive spider she behaved very well and was quite mellow during the tedious process.

John
];')

Attachments

Last edited:

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Pic 4 Last one.

Notice the greenish coloration around the edges of the cephalothorax.

Attachments

Last edited:

Morr

Arachnopeon
Wow, that's truly one of the most beautiful Ts!

Thank you for the pics

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Are you sure about the female part? Looks like it could possibly be a penultimate male... Maybe. Just a thought.

bill

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
She has really nice legs. Probably the first thing I notice about a girl like her are her legs. Darn nice legs. Wow.

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
I'm pretty sure its a female...you can see the 'lips' of the epigastic furrow on the underside...also before they were visible enough to see I had Shasta East take a look at the molt and she believed it to be a female then. All the males I have seen have been much more drab in color.

John
];')

Last edited:

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Beutiful T I have a sling right now ,and my P.cambridgei just molted last night it gained about 11/2-2" just a really beutiful T.love those Paslmopoeous

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just love the P. Irminia... they are my personal favorite tarantula for colour.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

WOW! I love Psalmopoeus T's! I will be getting 2 P.irminia at 1/2", Awsome pics!

Jamesz

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lordy! Lordy! Lordy!

Drop dead gorgeous! Def on my top ten must have list ;) Great pics!

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what an impressive size change in just one molt! nice long legs also.

-jeremy

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful T, John. The best way to sex a T was defined here by Rick West. Judging not by the genital opening in the epigastric furrow, but by the fusilla...or lack thereof. You may already know this but since you mentioned the genital opening rather than the actual presence of these fusilla, I thought this may be helpful. I can't wait until my little 2" irminia molts...yay!

In Him,
Marcus/Ephesians

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah! Those are sooo pretty spiders!
Hope my little two babies grow up to be that nice! :D (I know they are ;P hehehe...)

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful!

And proud parent you are. :)

Rightfuly so.

She's a Darling.

Mad Scientist

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow, she is impressive john. Our P. irminia would have looked that good, but unfortunately she died as a juvie. From a complicated molt.

Last edited:

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Well here is the pic of the underside. It was taken to show the irridescence on the underside of the legs. I think using it to ID the sex is futile at best.

John
];')

Attachments