Kritter Keeper Upgrades ?

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Hey yall. My spider just made a burrow hole exposed hes doin fine lol I gave him a meal worm I unfoirtunatly missed him take it, aswell as a nother one I put in. Im wondering if anyone changes the lid on there kk, so it dosent rumble or shake or make noise when u drop food in there, less startling to the T, so rather then get scarred, just a nice gently open and the food is in there and everyhitng is well in the world with no Sonic Boom or Earthquaqe. Im thinking of making a different lid perhaps with a magnet opening, anyone done anyhting like this >?

saturnthegrey

Arachnosquire
You can cut off the little tabs on either side of the lid and hot glue a magnet to each corner of the lid and the enclosure top. They dont make a sound when you take the lid off but they will click when you put the lid back on. Its a quiet click though. Works for me

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My Ts just learn that the pop sound means it's food time. Even my H. mac has gotten used to it and doesn't bolt when I open it.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My Ts just learn that the pop sound means it's food time. Even my H. mac has gotten used to it and doesn't bolt when I open it.
Yep! Most of my pets - from cats and dogs to snakes to spiders and various other inverts - have learned the cues that accompany feeding time! As soon as the lid is opened, any hungry spiders come running - or at least peek out of their hides and get ready to pounce when the food appears. (The T. stirmi "comes running" for no one. She will, however, graciously allow me a glimpse of her pedipalps and front legs as she moves to the front of her hide and awaits the sacrificial offerings that are her due.)