Kritter keeper mod

magicmed

Arachnobaron
This is what I have so far, I'm actually using cd cases for the clear plastic (they're dirt cheap, clear, and cut easily enough with my dremmel)

Wanted your opinions on where to go with it. I'm thinking maybe cutting out the green along the sides of the door and replacing with plastic like the upper portion. And possibly cutting out the lower portion as well, so I basically have the top all clear, with some green vented "seems"

What would you put in it? Arboreal or terrestrial? I thought it might make a pretty cool arboreal enclosure with the front opening door, which a think?

Attachments

Tarantula20

Arachnosquire
I think it would be great for a arboreal ive seen plenty of KP's on there sides for arboreal enclosures.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This is what I have so far, I'm actually using cd cases for the clear plastic (they're dirt cheap, clear, and cut easily enough with my dremmel)

Wanted your opinions on where to go with it. I'm thinking maybe cutting out the green along the sides of the door and replacing with plastic like the upper portion. And possibly cutting out the lower portion as well, so I basically have the top all clear, with some green vented "seems"

What would you put in it? Arboreal or terrestrial? I thought it might make a pretty cool arboreal enclosure with the front opening door, which a think?
It could most definitely work. It probably would be best to replace all the vents with CD cases (kks have way too much ventilation from the wrong angle for tropical species) and drill your own holes in the sides for cross ventilation to better control the mini enviroment's parameters.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I'd put an arid species in there so you don't need to worry about the abundance of ventilation. And you know me, I always love a good terrestrial :D Great mod though, I may do something similar. I've got an unused circular KK that is just gathering dust.

For the record, there's no such thing as "too much" ventilation. A lot of ventilation just means that it will dry out quicker, meaning there is much more room for error.