Kochiana brunnipes

Suzyrmail

Arachnopeon
I just got my first dwarf species and I am wondering if they are all quite feisty even as slings I just gave it a tiny mealworm and it grabbed it.

It has just melted so I suppose it will be hungry but my other Ts don't do that lol.

It's a beautiful little Tarantula it already has its adult colours.

Attachments

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
lol IT'S HUGE!

I picked one of these up last August at a show for $15 around 1/16" and it is now just under an inch. I wish I knew that in the future I would be given four more for free. I got them all at 2i and they are specks and are taking 10000 years to grow, as compared to the first one.

They are cool little spiders, though!

Suzyrmail

Arachnopeon
It molted the night I got it - I wish my other 3 Ts were willing to eat as well as this little guy or girl.

That's strange that your other 3 are not quite as willing to grow as your first one.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
It molted the night I got it - I wish my other 3 Ts were willing to eat as well as this little guy or girl.

That's strange that your other 3 are not quite as willing to grow as your first one.
Well there were five total, but I've given the larger two of the new ones away. Sometimes growth can be very different from specimen to specimen. I have sacmates where one is literally twice the size as its sibling from the same sac.

The first one I had grew quickly, but growth appears to have slowed as it approached an inch in size. It might be related to the season. Who knows?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just got my first dwarf species and I am wondering if they are all quite feisty even as slings I just gave it a tiny mealworm and it grabbed it.

It has just melted so I suppose it will be hungry but my other Ts don't do that lol.

It's a beautiful little Tarantula it already has its adult colours.
A melted T, tha's a problem.

They are not all fiesty, they are individuals like humans.