Kochiana brunnipes care?

SageN

Arachnopeon
So I couldn’t control my urge to get some new tarantulas despite my boyfriend’s advice that I wait until we have more space for them 🤷‍♂️ I just ordered four Kochiana brunnipes slings because I figured they’re so small they’ll barely take up any space anyways lol. I’ve found information on them is a bit lacking though. Aside from the fact that they’re very small (max DLS is about 2-2.5 inches), tend to be skittish and need deep substrate to burrow, I haven’t heard anything more on them here on AB or with a google search. I was just wondering if anyone on here who keeps K. brunnipes could share how they care for them and possibly share some enclosure pics. Bonus points if you’ve ever bred K. brunnipes as I’d love to learn as much as I can about that too!

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I have two of them, one is almost microscopic, the other I bought under 1/4 inch and is about 5/8" now. Basically just like any other terrestrial, but they do like to dig. I keep them in deli cups about 3/4 full of substrate and a tattoo ink cap for a water dish. Feed fruit flies to the smaller one or chopped up whatever others, the other one will take small hornworms or black soldier fly larvae. They molt pretty often, I'd say keeping them is really similar to a Hapalopus sp Colombia.

SageN

Arachnopeon
I have two of them, one is almost microscopic, the other I bought under 1/4 inch and is about 5/8" now. Basically just like any other terrestrial, but they do like to dig. I keep them in deli cups about 3/4 full of substrate and a tattoo ink cap for a water dish. Feed fruit flies to the smaller one or chopped up whatever others, the other one will take small hornworms or black soldier fly larvae. They molt pretty often, I'd say keeping them is really similar to a Hapalopus sp Colombia.
Do you moisten some of the substrate ever or just keep the water dish full? About how often do yours eat?

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
I have two adult females, got both of them when they were tiny little slings.
Since them, I've always kept the substrate moistened but, here're three things I noticed, at least about these two girls:
1) they are incredibly voracious, both of them took out preys bigger then them.
2) they are obligate burrowers, both of them were/are always diggind and most of the time, inside their holes so, I suggest you give them the properly amount of substrate so they can dig.
3) they are "hair kickers", specially when they are exposed.

Other these, all tips I think were mentioned before.
Hope these could be helpful. :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So I couldn’t control my urge to get some new tarantulas despite my boyfriend’s advice that I wait until we have more space for them 🤷‍♂️ I just ordered four Kochiana brunnipes slings because I figured they’re so small they’ll barely take up any space anyways lol. I’ve found information on them is a bit lacking though. Aside from the fact that they’re very small (max DLS is about 2-2.5 inches), tend to be skittish and need deep substrate to burrow, I haven’t heard anything more on them here on AB or with a google search. I was just wondering if anyone on here who keeps K. brunnipes could share how they care for them and possibly share some enclosure pics. Bonus points if you’ve ever bred K. brunnipes as I’d love to learn as much as I can about that too!
I’ve kept them, you stated their needs fine.

Didn’t treat any differently than other NW Ts I was keeping, except Avics

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I have 3, 1 adult and 2 juveniles. Mine all have at least 2-4 inches of substrate to burrow in, and I inject water into a bottom corner once a week. They've never made very deep burrows, but are midly skittish and duck into them whenever I go to feed them.

Mine have never kicked a hair. They are great eaters and always come out for food.

I keep them fossorial with space for exploration (so a little more surface area).