1. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Kleiner Atlas der Vogelspinnen - Band 1&2

Discussion in 'Book and Magazine Reviews' started by Scylla, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Scylla

Scylla Arachnobaron Old Timer

Advertisement
    Tarantulas of the World by Heinz-Josef Peters
    Books 1 and 2

Book 1 has 162 pages, Book 2 has 148. This is a 2 volume encyclopedia of tarantulas. All pictures are in color and labeled with scientific names. There are also distribution maps and occasionally pictures of the type of habitat each species is found in. Along the edge of the page there is a scale depicting the day and night temperature range, humidity, and terrain type. I'm sure there's a lot more information but the books are in German so I can really only comment on the pictures, and there are alot of them!

They're not detailed enough to use as a definitive ID guide, but it's a starting point, and a pretty color book of tarantula pictures. I wouldn't say the pictures are of the same quality as Rick Wests' page. But it's a handy little reference for those of us who like to page through books and look at pictures! The more knowledgeable among us may find it lacking.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.