Kirkland brand water dish for slings

BillieJean

Arachnopeon
I found a neat little trick for making a little water dish for slings that's only about 0.5 cm high (less than 0.25 inches). Take the bottlecap from a Costco/Kirkland brand water bottle (not sure if any other drinks have this type of cap):

Cut out the center part with a razor blade or xacto hobby knife:

Sand the edges so that they aren't sharp, then offer your friend a drink:

Cheers!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey.. Thats a nice little idea right there.. Why they heck didnt I think of it sooner! :D

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Look how happy the little guy is. I swear I can see a smile as he touchs the water dish in a "this is mine, go away" manner.

belljar77

Arachnosquire
I've been tempted to steal some of my daughter's Littlest Pet Shop toy water dishes, but I think your idea would require a lot less explaining. Good thinking.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great idea, that looks like a happy sling ;)

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You're more elaborate than I am. The place where I work stocks that brand of bottled water, and I use the bottle caps for my deli-cupped animals. But I just use the bottle cap as it comes off the bottle - without the fancy trimming that you do.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
ya know thats what i love about this website everyone can come togther with ideas and imporve current ways of doing things

Rchocky

Arachnopeon
Genius!

That is a great idea and pretty much solves one of the biggest worries I have as a new sling owner! Hats off to you!:clap: