Kings of pain: Oh no...

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
I am unfortunate enough to have a tv with History, National Geographic and more... I’m sure quite a few of you have heard if a new series being released on that festering cesspit that ‘tests the limit of human pain’ with...

A.Geniculata (‘ThE LaRGest TaRantula In THe WoRLD’)and a rove beetle... It’s essentially a ripoff of Coyote Peterson’s misadventures with added misidentification. Sadly this is not one of the first cases of typical nat geo (and others) hysteria and misidentification in their programmes yet I’m appalled at the lack of naturalists, biologists and others in key points of natural history public outreach pointing out the total hysteria and unnecessary fear these programmes purport. Not including simply false information, technically illegal at best. So, what do you think?, here is an image to stress the point...
985819EB-808F-4D3C-9A07-AB8EC74B5A8C.jpeg

Huckleberry

Arachnopeon
I am unfortunate enough to have a tv with History, National Geographic and more... I’m sure quite a few of you have heard if a new series being released on that festering cesspit that ‘tests the limit of human pain’ with...

A.Geniculata (‘ThE LaRGest TaRantula In THe WoRLD’)and a rove beetle... It’s essentially a ripoff of Coyote Peterson’s misadventures with added misidentification. Sadly this is not one of the first cases of typical nat geo (and others) hysteria and misidentification in their programmes yet I’m appalled at the lack of naturalists, biologists and others in key points of natural history public outreach pointing out the total hysteria and unnecessary fear these programmes purport. Not including simply false information, technically illegal at best. So, what do you think?, here is an image to stress the point...
View attachment 338151
Yes, it is indeed sad what passes for entertainment. Long live the Archoboards!!

JayManges

Arachnopeon
I saw one of these episodes where the guy intentional let himself get stung by a Tarantula Hawk. First and only time you'll hear me cheer for a T-Hawk. We have those things out here and though not aggressive towards humans, I know a couple people who got stung by them and they aint no joke.

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
Because there's a global pandemic out there killing scores of people every day and what do we need to really be afraid of?
Tarantulas.

Lord, am I glad I don't have cable TV.

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
Because there's a global pandemic out there killing scores of people every day and what do we need to really be afraid of?
Tarantulas.

Lord, am I glad I don't have cable TV.
I know, it really is appalling. When I first found all this new stuff (thanks a lot Sky WiFi and entertainment package...) I was excited to finally have some ‘quality U.S TV as an upgrade from the mediocre pulp over here’... Then I checked out history and Nat geo. I was wrong. Animal planet is ok I guess...