King baboon or goliath birdeater

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Still deciding which way to go kinda stuck between the two a adult king baboon or adult T stirmi I know king baboons you will rarely see but they are beautiful looking along with their thick rear legs . I have had the goliath birdeters couple times wondering if I should try something different.

Anyone else keep.king baboons do you like them also think they are hardier than the goliaths.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Care and husbandry requirements for P. muticus are simple in comparison to Theraphosa.

You will get a more colourful spider at the same size and a better attitude problem. For a fraction of the price.

and last but not least .... NO HAIRS!!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
The Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH -- Peace Be Upon Her -- shouldn't be questioned nor compared, but owned u_u

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
eh, Theraphosa get bigger, and at least you can see them out in the open. i havent seen my P muticus out of its burrow once in 3 years! Theraphosa all the way. hairs are an absolute pain in the ass, i got some on my hands today and scratched my nose, worst mistake in a long time. :banghead:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
hairs are an absolute pain in the ass, i got some on my hands today and scratched my nose, worst mistake in a long time. :banghead:
I just dont get it aha. I see people nearly blinded by a big brown spider. Fair enough they are goliath but I mean, really? I have seen some folk nearly blinded by just opening an enclosure :wideyed::bag:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
eh, Theraphosa get bigger, and at least you can see them out in the open. i havent seen my P muticus out of its burrow once in 3 years! Theraphosa all the way. hairs are an absolute pain in the ass, i got some on my hands today and scratched my nose, worst mistake in a long time. :banghead:
Uhm, everything will depends upon the sex of your P.muticus. You are hoping :angelic: for a Goddess as well, I know :kiss:

Sometimes those Ladies are out in the open. Sometimes :)

image_52030.jpg

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
tis but a baby. wait 10 years and come back. Theraphosa grow much faster as well as being bigger and much more visible.
So true about the growth rate. When I get one I will have to buy an adult as I just cant wait that long. Theraphosa do grow fairly fast.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Now aside everything, I personally like genus Theraphosa but hell, not those IMO absurd prices we have here. I refuse to pay that much, here those are like "gold".

Are we joking? I mean, a 0.1 M.balfouri 25/30 Euro, and a juvenile unsexed T.stirmi almost 100? Madness.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I just cant agree with paying through the nose for a more than likely WC common species.
Theraphosa? theyre at least 75 here. just remember to wash your hands after and you'll be fine.
also, P muticus are much hardier than Theraphosa

Last edited: