King Baboon - health issues

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
All,
It has been a long while since I posted, but this weekend when checking on my King Baboon, I noticed that she was lethargic having difficultly moving her back legs. She pulled herself out of her burrow and was up against the side of the tank. I attempted to check on her and she moved with difficulty out of the way and eventually back into her burrow. (no threat display, nothing)
Unfortunately, I have seen similar responses when tarantulas are near death.
I guess I am looking for any hope that this time it might be different, or any thoughts if there is something I can do to help her pull through. Is there something I can do to better diagnose and treat her? I am really at a loss.
I received her as a sling from another member here back in 2003 and have raised her all these years. She is very special to me and the thought of losing her is really distressing.
Any help would be very appreciated.
Ralph

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I thought their lifespan was around 20 years? Are you sure it's not just premolt?

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I thought their lifespan was around 20 years? Are you sure it's not just premolt?
That would be wonderful if it were just pre-molt. I just found it odd that should be outside her burrow and so lethargic. The closest I have ever seen her outside was during one of her excavation projects or sitting at the mouth of her burrow waiting on prey.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'm sad to hear this :-/

I can't tell you much without a picture but IMO they are great drinkers and mine loves to jump out of the burrow for have a long water drinks in her water dish (a more bigger one, if compared to the rest of my other T's). I keep her semi-dry but near the burrow entrance there's always a bit of moist substrate.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Picture is needed. Difficulty moving her back legs doesn't sound like premolt though.

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks so much everyone for your replies.
Unfortunately when I checked on her this afternoon, she had passed away.
I buried her right outside my front door so I can think of her when I enter or leave the house.
I really appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Take care and God bless.
Ralph

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Is always a tragedy when a Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) decide to leave us for return to the rear-legs meadows where crickets are always well fed and hydrated, burrows has no limits, weather is gentle, the water clean and fresh for a comfortable eternal molt.

Even knowing this incontrovertible facts, the pain is still unbearable.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Thanks so much everyone for your replies.
Unfortunately when I checked on her this afternoon, she had passed away.
I buried her right outside my front door so I can think of her when I enter or leave the house.
I really appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Take care and God bless.
Ralph
God bless man. I'm sure she meant a lot.