king baboon (CRAZY) must read

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ok my king baboon is about 2 1/2 inches...he acts just like any other baboon (psychotic, evil).....well a couple times with the paint brush i have gotten him to rear up and also strike...(not for thrills, but picture taking)...anyways tonight i was feeding and watering all my critters, and i was showing my gf's son what he would do, well anyways i noticed something as he was rearing way up....a noise....well, either he was squirting venom, or he was hissing....and i dont think they can squirt venom, can they? didnt see any....but i tried this about 5 or so times, and every time i heard a small and quick hissing noise...any thought on this? thanks

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Yeah, seen videos of obts doing this as well...Pretty cool defense mechanism. Try not to stress it out too much poor little one.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My T stirmi stridulates without being annoyed, simply walking around and singing like a ciccada! : )

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah i try not to...he is just very aggressive, and his tunnel he dug under the water bowl caved, so i had to readjust it, and he was perty mad....

Yeah, seen videos of obts doing this as well...Pretty cool defense mechanism. Try not to stress it out too much poor little one.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

that would be cool...wish i could hear cicadas all year round

My T stirmi stridulates without being annoyed, simply walking around and singing like a ciccada! : )

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You didnt know Pelinobius muticus have stridulation organs?