King Baboon confusion

ShoeBoogie

Arachnopeon
You could honestly put it on the floor in the corner if you wanted as long as the floor wasn't too cold in the winter. Again, not what is usually done with housing tarantulas, but workable in the odd situation such as this one.

It’s Chicago...it’s -10 degrees outside in the winter lmao. I’ll figure something out, I already rehoused her in a different enclosure with more humidity and more substrate, I wish I had other things to use other than coconut fiber but from what I’ve gathered from others it should be fine as long as ya keep it humid. As long as she’s not climbing up and falling anymore. That was the main agenda.

cold blood

Staff member
My 3 tarantulas passed away several years ago. I had all 3 when they were spiderlings and lived to 14 years. Due to life and how shit happens, this is where I’m at right now.
Loving the old school Nintendo myself as well...I still use mine regularly...mostly rbi and golf....

Now it looks cluttered....being that I am the lord master of all that is cluttered*, I recognize it...lol.:D

If you want it bad enough, you can find the space...you just needs to be creative re-arranging everything. When done, it will likely look better and you will be glad you did it...I always am.

I had a similar issue moving from a house to an apartment...real hard to find places for everything sometimes.

Good luck, I think you should be able to find something that works.

*Not officially recognized

You could honestly put it on the floor in the corner if you wanted as long as the floor wasn't too cold in the winter. Again, not what is usually done with housing tarantulas, but workable in the odd situation such as this one.
Up here in the north, the floor would likely be a cold place int he winter.....fine for summer when its hot and humid, but I keep all mine off the floor in winter except my rose hair.

Have you thought of erecting a small shelf somewhere?

ShoeBoogie

Arachnopeon
Loving the old school Nintendo myself as well...I still use mine regularly...mostly rbi and golf....

Now it looks cluttered....being that I am the lord master of all that is cluttered*, I recognize it...lol.:D

If you want it bad enough, you can find the space...you just needs to be creative re-arranging everything. When done, it will likely look better and you will be glad you did it...I always am.

I had a similar issue moving from a house to an apartment...real hard to find places for everything sometimes.

Good luck, I think you should be able to find something that works.

*Not officially recognized

Up here in the north, the floor would likely be a cold place int he winter.....fine for summer when its hot and humid, but I keep all mine off the floor in winter except my rose hair.

Have you thought of erecting a small shelf somewhere?

I have, however I can’t damage the walls because I’ll get yelled at. So command shelfs are off.

Last edited by a moderator:

cold blood

Staff member
Blah, I just hate the idea of using a tub and putting holes in it
But for the t, they really are great enclosures...fancy enclosures are all about us looking....generally tubs are as good as it gets for the animal though. Easy to vent in any way required or desired, I love that.

krequiem

Arachnopeon
Blah, I just hate the idea of using a tub and putting holes in it. It just seems so ghetto *facepalm* ok what size ideal tub would you recommend? Do you have a link to it on either stores? Because I was at target and Joanne fabrics down Harlem and yeah no bueno, huge, big, standard storage tubs lol
This one could work: https://www.joann.com/smart-store-p...le=best-sellers&sz=54&start=55&prefv1=Storage

This is the one I use: https://www.joann.com/snapware-smar...e=best-sellers&sz=54&start=109&prefv1=Storage

Note - with Joann's you can have them ship it to the store for free and pick it up there rather than pay for shipping. There's probably others that would work if you look through the storage section on the website.

krequiem

Arachnopeon

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I recently rehoused mine (around 2") to a 4.5L tub (the sub is deeper at the back end where the hide is, I like to leave some space to accommodate all the sub they dump in front of the burrow when they excavate), went straight into the starter burrow I provided.

DSC_0001.jpg DSC_0002.jpg

sasker

Arachnoprince
I wish I had other things to use other than coconut fiber but from what I’ve gathered from others it should be fine as long as ya keep it humid.
I am not sure if this has been pointed out, but this is not a 'rain forest' species so it should not be kept as damp as - for example - a Chilobrachys sp. It could be that you keep the substrate too wet and that your spider is a bit uneasy because of it. I use coco fibre as well, without a problem. If you pack it down really tightly (like using your body weight when filling the enclosure) it will continue to hold its form after it dries out. Ideally, the substrate is only slightly damp, but I let it dry out before I add more water.