kind of excited , my first Pamphobeteus antinous

sugarshark

Arachnopeon
I would love some advice on Pamphobeteus antinous. I hardly have any experence with Pamphobeteus at all. she is about 13-14CM , female

Attachments

Mez

Arachnoknight
I love Pamphos, would love to get a few different species.
Keep em warm and humid, very moist substrate for these swamp monsters! I have a P. machalla and it never refuses food!

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
I have a big female as well, great spiders. Will breed mine soon.

Have fun with yours :).

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Get you some vermiculite, dampen it, place a nice hide in there, nice sized water dish and they are good to go. Love them. Have a female close to 8" as well. Mine has the velvet brown look getting closer to her molt phase. Then the beautiful black will appear. You will definitely enjoy these!

Mez

Arachnoknight
Get you some vermiculite, dampen it, place a nice hide in there, nice sized water dish and they are good to go. Love them. Have a female close to 8" as well. Mine has the velvet brown look getting closer to her molt phase. Then the beautiful black will appear. You will definitely enjoy these!
Honestly id suggest coir or peat moss, it enables them to dig a lot more naturalistically (if thats even a word?), straight/unmixed vermiculate tends to 'stick' to them more than other substrates sometimes. Just my opinion.

justingordon

Arachnosquire
one of my favorites.. my female just molted 3 weeks ago and the molt measured 8 inches.. her abdomen was never as big as yours is though.. i keep mine in room temperature with some moist peat moss

sugarshark

Arachnopeon
I just made a stupid mistake. the incoming of Pamphobeteus antinous is quite a suprise for which I have not made much prep at all. I do have a large spare tank with enough coconut fiber in it. but its very swampy.becos I m a little allergic to coco nut fibers, I took a pare pastic gloves from a hair dye pack and squeezed out the water manually. then it came the problem. the fragrance on the gloves has mixed with the smell of coconut fibers to produce a weird smell....it kind of makes me sick. I dont know if its ok for the T.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
I just made a stupid mistake. the incoming of Pamphobeteus antinous is quite a suprise for which I have not made much prep at all. I do have a large spare tank with enough coconut fiber in it. but its very swampy.becos I m a little allergic to coco nut fibers, I took a pare pastic gloves from a hair dye pack and squeezed out the water manually. then it came the problem. the fragrance on the gloves has mixed with the smell of coconut fibers to produce a weird smell....it kind of makes me sick. I dont know if its ok for the T.
Get some cheap peat moss from a home&garden store and use that instead of coco fibers. If the gloves had some sort of a chemical sprayed on them, I am sure they will not be good for your T and those hair dyes have the worst chemicals in them. And in the future, never ever buy/adopt an animal before you have your set-up ready.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Get some cheap peat moss from a home&garden store and use that instead of coco fibers. If the gloves had some sort of a chemical sprayed on them, I am sure they will not be good for your T and those hair dyes have the worst chemicals in them. And in the future, never ever buy/adopt an animal before you have your set-up ready.
I should hope after four years, they've figured out what substrate to use.

Sana

Arachnoprince
They could still be working on it, dialing in the right moisture.
If it ever takes me that long to figure out an enclosure someone please remind me that I should rethink keeping spiders.

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
Unless the surprise t is after 9pm worst case to rehouse is running to a pet store for jungle mix and a kritter keeper

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
Not everyone gets their substrate from a pet store.
Yeah I kmow ugh it's just me being lazy after ten hour shifts. I keep telling myself to go to the hardware store and get a big bag of soil and just mix it with coco fiber. I will soon though bc I ran out of vermiculite. Lol damn Amazon makes it too easy to order the stuff online though.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Yeah I kmow ugh it's just me being lazy after ten hour shifts. I keep telling myself to go to the hardware store and get a big bag of soil and just mix it with coco fiber. I will soon though bc I ran out of vermiculite. Lol damn Amazon makes it too easy to order the stuff online though.
I don't mix mine. The $1.50/bag top soil from Home Depot is all I use. Doesn't get any easier than that.