1.Do they get big?
2.Are they aggressive?
3.Where can one purchase one?
4.Do they require special care?

Any info would be appreciated.

WarIsPeace

Arachnopeon
ines68,
Thanks for the information and the links. I couldn't find much info, either. What you provided will help a lot.

I post some on sports-related forums and other forums, and none of them compare to this one. Everyone here just tries to help. I can actually come here and ask a stupid question and not get "beat up." Amazing.=D

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by WarIsPeace
ines68,
Thanks for the information and the links. I couldn't find much info, either. What you provided will help a lot.

I post some on sports-related forums and other forums, and none of them compare to this one. Everyone here just tries to help. I can actually come here and ask a stupid question and not get "beat up." Amazing.=D
:) Is not a stupid question

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Easy to keep and control (strange if they are poisonous)
Probably referring to the spider's ability to easily tolerate temp and humidity variations more easily than other species. Some species require a narrow temperature range and high humidity which can be difficult to maintain, but others (like my P. murinus) while very potent and defensive, is a snap to take care of. Tolerates a wide temp range and likes it bone dry. I fill the water dish once a week and throw a couple crickets in and I'm done. Very easy to keep. I'm guessing you'd keep this one as a P. murinus and see how it responds. If it starts hovering over the water dish, keep it a little more humid. I'm betting it likes it fairly dry.
:)

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
if youve found this t at a petco, odds are its P. murinus. ive seen a few usumbaras in petcos called "kilmanjaro baboon", and thats what its called on thier availability list.

Maly

Arachnopeon
Good name...

P. sjostedti is a synonim P. chordatus...
I read in Platnick catalog 'P. sjostedti Tullgren, 1910 = P. chordatus (Gerstäcker, 1873) (Gallon, 2002: 206)'