Keyboard tarantula

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well,, I was doing tarantula "manitenance" and here I turn around in the dark, with flashlight on only and my elbow hit the tank where I have my Green Bottle blue.:?

Down goes the tank and rolls over and the lid open up and out in a woooosch is mr/mrs GBB and stops on the bottom on a keyboard I have leaning against the side there. The keys was not pointing outwards I should say, it was the bottom of the keyboard.

I take a deli cup and I put it over the T and slowly I look inside the deli and NO t in there, I thought, what the heck??!?!?

I put the keyboard gently on the bed, looking on the other side on the keys. After that I put the keyboard on the bed and cont. looking for the T. Gone :(
( I feel the agony coming creeping because I have this one since such a small s'ling, it could escape through the smallest Pet Keepers air slits when it was small and now it's pushing 2 - 2,5 inches).

I look over at the keyboard again ( this is about 20 min later) and there in hole where a big screw for the bottom section of the keyboard is located, I see a orange butt sticking halfway up, I laughed to myself. Probablay when I put the delicup over the GBB s/he ran inside the screwhole and there it found only a dead end.:D =D

Well, it was funny in a way because , I thought about cleaning the GBB cage yesterday and it kinda "fixed" itself tonight.

After cleaning and GBB back in cage s/he went for the waterdish and drank immedatly and back to it's corner.
I arranged the interior of the cage the same way as before.

More stories soon, ( I don't hope though) going to move my big P.regalis to it's 10 gallon tank soon that I've made for display and is about to decorate tomorrow. Fingers crossed:D

Kenny

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I hate when that happens.
I'd say your pretty lucky it didn't get killed.
How did you get it to come out of the screw hole? You'd think it would be so freaked out after the crash, there would be no way it would come out of that hole.
Well anyway, got to watch those elbows around T enclosures.;)

Ernie

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Getting out

Well,,I touched it gently with the end of a pencil, a pencil that has this rubber on the end.

It slowly backed up and turned around and went upwards. I could still not get it because s/he was below inside the hole so I had to do one more gentle touch on the abdomen and it ran up and there I was with the deli cup.
Now this is like a big wide hole at the top and it narrows down towards the bottom where the screw is, so s/he was really in a tunnel there:)

Oh, yes I thought it was injured or something, because it was a high fall, but it had so much web in there so some of it must have worked like an "airbag".:D , and I had substrate all over the floor.

There's another story to this GBB, when I first got it, when it was tiny, s/he was so small, I didn't know at that point in time s/he could escape, but s/he got out through the air slits in the pet keeper as I wrote before and s/he ran in 296mph and fell again, I did do an error here that I don't do anymore and that is doing it on to high places, but s/he fell here as small s/he was and took off on the floor like a lightning, just like a s'ling can:D

I got a "stunt" - T
Kenny

Last edited: