Kenyan Sand Boa breeding info?

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So I got sub-adult trio breeding group of kenyan sand boas 1.2 The male an one of the females are normal morph an the other female is anery het albino. So does this mean That Ill get normal, anery an albino babys? Im just curious. I wont be breeding them until next year.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I got sub-adult trio breeding group of kenyan sand boas 1.2 The male an one of the females are normal morph an the other female is anery het albino. So does this mean That Ill get normal, anery an albino babys? Im just curious. I wont be breeding them until next year.
If you pair your male with your anery all the babies will look normal and be heterozygous for the anery morph. Each of the babies from that pairing will also be 50% possible hets for albino. Basically they will all look normal, carry the anery gene (need 2 copies to show the trait) and each will have a 50% chance of carrying the albino gene.

Your best bet if you want to see visible morphs is to pick up a male snow. If you pair a snow (anery and albino) with your anery female (provided she is really het for albino) you'll get about 1/2 anery het albino and 1/2 snow.

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks, bummer that Ill only get normal lookin ones. Hopefully I can find someone that can just lone me there snow male.