1. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

KenTheBugGuy (www.KenTheBugGuy.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by davegrimm1, May 26, 2007.

1. Formerphobe

Formerphobe Arachnoking Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    I just finished assembling the enclosures I ordered through Ken earlier this week. They arrived in a timely fashion and assembly instructions were spot on! There was EXACTLY enough glue to do all three of them. Might have could used a cc or two more glue, but the amount sent was adequate to do the job. One of the tops had some scratches on the non-papered side, but that could have occurred during shipping if there was a smidgeon of debris between. Overall, very satisfied. Nice, cost-effective enclosures. I will most likely order more to accommodate my arboreals.

2. ShredderEmp

ShredderEmp Arachnoprince

I ordered 2 of Ken's Moon Crabs, and it went great. He shipped them in his standard medical box, with newspaper and a heat pad. The package was delivered at 2, and just getting home from a swim meet, at almost 8, the heat pack is still warm. I had my mom unpack them due to me being at school, and she said that immediately after she put one in, it went right to the food to eat. They are alive and well, and due to the size of all the things in the box, I honestly have no idea how he fit every thing in there. Believe me, I tried. Thanks again, and I am 100% happy and will hopefully order from him again for Christmas.

Thanks Again,
    Ryan

3. Just receive my order of four beautiful female T's..they came in healthy and very active can't be more happy. Thanks Ken

4. vespers

vespers Arachnodemon

Bought a few scorps from Ken between two orders in the past few weeks. Good communication, and very professional. Positive...I will certainly purchase from him again in the future.

5. Rabid538

Rabid538 Arachnoknight

NH
    Positive!

I ordered a couple spiders from Ken and all of them arrived alive and well. Packaging and communication were excellent. He sold out of one species and gave me a refund without delay. I was very happy with the transaction, I would do business with him again in the future.

Thank you very much!
    Sandra

6. ShredderEmp

ShredderEmp Arachnoprince

I ordered a CB Babycurus jacksoni scorpling. I ordered it last week, but due to low temperatures, and after some negotiating (sorry about that), I had it shipped 2 day shipping. He immediately refunded the difference. He shipped Tuesday, and it got here today safe and sound. This was at one o'clock, and at the moment, the heat pack is still warm once again almost 6 hours later, and the box was left outside for a little until it was brought inside.My parents also took a sneak peak and left it open. It's weird because when I buy heat packs, they only last for a few hours. His last for days. The baby is now happy as can be and hopefully I can find a small enough dubia :biggrin:

Thanks again Ken! A+++++++++ AND 1000000% POSITIVE!!!!!

7. LuiziBee

LuiziBee Arachnobaron

POSITIVE!!

There was a bit of a mishap. The address was written wrong on my package and got sent across town.
    I even checked my online receipt and I had it correct on there.

I believe this to be a 1 in 100 mistake.
    I will definitely use him again.
    My B. emilia sling was nice & healthy as expected.

Thank you!

8. POSITIVE!!!

I have recieved several shipments of spiders from Ken and just got four enclosures for him for Christmas! All shipping and communication was great and the spiders and cages are beautiful. Will certianly order from him again.

9. Anonymity82

Anonymity82 Arachnoprince

I finally got my little velvet spider from Ken that's been on my wishlist for many months. Very pleased. Great communication and my healthy little spider arrived right on time. Already eating and webbing. What an awesome, cute little spider. Thanks for offering them Ken!

10. LuiziBee

LuiziBee Arachnobaron

++postive++

There was a mishap with a previous order & Ken went beyond expectation with fixing the problem.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I will DEFINITELY use you time & time again.

My two new babies have settled in nicely.

He's a great guy. I couldn't give a higher recomendation.

(and sorry it's taken me a minute to do this)

11. morri

morri Arachnopeon

Hello, I placed an order with Ken at the beginning of February for two Ts.. well actually it was my husband who ordered them for me as a Valentine's gift and after much convincing due to his very profound dislike of my passion. Lol who wants roses or a hallmark card when you can have Ts. Ken has excellent email communication and I think he is honest and I trust his animals are loved and perfectly cared for.
    With that said, I wish my complete experience would have been as great as the 99% of the rest of everyone here.Unfortunately it was not :(
    Due to climate issues, the cold weather was a concern in the first 2 scheduled shipments and the Ts were not mailed... which I was so happy that this was considered. This tells me Ken's priority is his animals and I love and respect this. Because there was a delay in shipment to my region, the stock he had available when the Ts were purchased had run out, thus leaving my order unable to be fulfilled.
    This is my first experience with Ken. I wish that the communication among him and his team would have been better so that this could have been avoided.
    I will say that Ken was very genuine and sorry...and in the email I also detected he may have been slightly embarrassed.Ken was very professional in returning our money and in a timely fashion.
    I look forward to being able to purchase in the future, however I am going to wait until summer out of fear from this happening.
    Ken gets a 100% from us based on his communication and priority of his critters health. Sadly I must hold off on reviewing his shipping quality and livestock being that he could not fulfill our order.

12. 100% Positive!!!!

Just wanted to make it clear that I was satisfied with my first order....but ok I'll try to elaborate more since I just did another deal with Ken. Since I was pleased with my last $50 Grab bag of Tarantulas and two of his small cages (both the arboreal and terrestrial) I decided to make another grab bag purchase from Ken's site. I was very pleased again! Again the grab bag was well worth what I paid! Just one of the T's in it was almost worth the $50 purchase. Best of all I got none of the same things that were in my last grab bag as one might expect. It's truly a cool thing to get a little surprise when opening your package :) Oh and don't hesitate on purchasing some of his cages either they aren't hard to put together at all and look so clean since they are all clear without the metal vents. I will definitely work on getting my entire collection into those eventually!

Ken is a great guy to deal with and I will be returning to him in the future!

13. Positive experience!

Positive experience!

My order of tarantulas arrived yesterday. They were packed well and enclosed in a small Styrofoam ice chest which absorbed shock and assisted with keeping them warm. All Tarantula's ordered arrived alive and well. Shipping was fast and top notch. I will order from him in the future and I recommend contacting him for others' future purchases!

Monique

14. freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi Arachnoprince

Positive! Got some amazing new additions in today. All doing quite well. I really appreciate Ken's communication - he takes the time to answer me whether he has the animals in or not. I will definitely be getting more from him in the future.

15. BobGrill

BobGrill Arachnoprince

I've only ordered once from Ken, but I was satisfied with his services and would definitely order from him again.

16. Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Exoskeleton Invertebrates Arachnoprince Old Timer

Positive

Always a pleasure doing business with Ken, he is an awesome dealer he gets you what you are looking for, packs great and ships when he says he will. He has never let me down. Thank you Ken for the years of service!

Jose
    Exoskeleton Invertebrates
    hombrearania1@hotmail.com

17. Hersh77tess

Hersh77tess Arachnosquire

PA
    150% Positive Review

Got six slings and one Juvie in yesterday.
    -Acanthoscurria Geniculata
    -Grammastola Pulchra
    -Bracypelma Smithi
    Grab bag
    -Iridopelma sp. Recife
    -Lampropelma sp. Borneo Black
    -Aphonopelma Iodius
    Freebie
    -Lasiodora Parahybana

I am extremely happy with my order. They all arrived very healthy and all but two ate later on.
    My only issue is a word for novices .......Grab bags can contain anything. I asked for nonaggressive new worlds and got an old world arboreal and basically an obt arboreal (Iridopelma Recife) . I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Iridopelma Recife. Be sure that your ready for anything!
    Thank you Ken the bug guy!!!! Love my Ts (except 1 lol)! Great businessman! Very communicative!
    hersh77tess@yahoo.com

18. GGWP

GGWP Arachnopeon

10/10

Couple months ago I saw a post on here that showed a list of all the T's they were selling and said willing to compare prices. So I searched around and found the T that I wanted at a really good price and emailed him about it. Got back to me as soon as possible with good news. And followed up on all my questions I had for them with in the day I sent them. So a few days later I placed the order. (had to buy a different T on the site to go to the pricing I found) So I ordered a P.Hanumavilasumica sling and a G.Rosea in addition. And emailed him I wanted the P.Metallica sling for the price we agreed on. so That week they sent me The P.Hanumavilasumica, got the email from fedex that it's on the way. I received the shipment very good packaging and both in very good condition. Then a few weeks go by I get another email saying I have a shipment coming in from KenTheBugGuy.. So I start to thinking what it could be. Then next day I get the package and it's the P.Metallica sling and another G.Rosea sling. I was really happy that I did receive the T that I wanted. But sadly the P.Metallica and the 1st G.Rosea got stuck in its molt about a month later =(. I will still order from him in the future. Thanks KenTheBugGuy!

19. jbm150

jbm150 Arachnoprince

Received my box ' bugs last week and couldn't be happier. All came in healthy and continue to be so. Thank you so much Ken, for providing great Ts to the hobby and customer service!

20. MrCrackerpants

MrCrackerpants Arachnoprince

tyi
    100 % Positive

I bought 5 Holothele incei (Trinidad Olive Tarantula) and they all arrived and look great. The packing was VERY good and the spiders are very healthy. Ken's communication was great and he answered all of my questions about which spiders I should purchase to maximize my chances of a future communal colony. I highly recommend Ken.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.