Kellygirl.....what happened!!!!!!! T. blondi saga unsolved

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Kelly-

What's the latest with your big brown girl????? :?

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, she appears to be doing fine now, strangely enough. Although I'm not sure what I did... I'm still keeping a close eye on her but she doesn't seem to be losing any more fluid. I dropped a cricket in 2 nights ago and it isnt there anymore so maybe she ate it.... I think I'm gonna offer her a frozen pinkie and see if she's ready to eat again yet. No big news though. Thanks for asking! :)

kellygirl

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You know, all these hoprror stories are starting to freak me out. :eek: I've been reading a few threads concerning Tarantulas dying from molts and whatnot and I'm getting worried to death one of my T's might not make it.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Look at the number of members that post here and the number of tarantulas that all those people have in their collections. These types of incidents, not considering beginners and poor husbandry practices, really aren't that common. We just hear about them and the posts stand out more. If its that much of a concern then the best thing you can do is read more and be prepared to deal with it if/when you encounter the problem and do whatever you can to ensure that conditions are within the captive optimal for your pets. After that its really all up to chance.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I have to agree with Busiprone on that one.. Who posts 'Today my T sat and did nothing all day'? Noone, because everyone knows that most of them do :) We only share the bad, and the really cool parts of keeping T's with each other. The normal stuff, like I said, would be a pretty dry read ;)

Bill

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Most posts revolve around acquisitions, illness/deaths, feeding and enclosures. After thats its people comparing behavior and temperment of species and their individuals unique behaviors or other peoples' reactions to tarantulas. The most negative information(illness/death) always stand out more than all the others in your mind....just watch the news.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
You shouldn't be scared from reading our horror stories, you should feel PREPARED!!:D

The main reason I share my horror stories is that I hope someone will remember what happened to me, what I did and what the outcome was.

I have learned SO MUCH reading the horror stories, and now have a mental list of what to do, what NOT to do, things to have on hand around the house JUST IN CASE... etc.

I encourage EVERYONE to share their horror stories, and what they did to resolve them and WHAT THE OUTCOME WAS!!! Not only can we all learn from it, we're often on the edge of our keyboards waiting to hear what happened!:D

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
It's not all bad.

Originally posted by Godzilla2000
You know, all these hoprror stories are starting to freak me out. :eek: I've been reading a few threads concerning Tarantulas dying from molts and whatnot and I'm getting worried to death one of my T's might not make it.
Hey, G-2000

I posted a happy story about my B. smithi sling molting quickly and successfully. There's more success than failures in my opinion.

Peace