keks' tarantulas

keks

Arachnobaron
I got some pictures of my Tarantulas I dare to show you. I am not the best photograph and the enclosures are not so beautiful, but my new little terrariums are ordered and should arrive in two oder three weeks. Then I try to get better pictures, also from my other Tarantulas :rolleyes:.
First my Avicularia geroldi
comp_120170512_203538.jpg

Caribena versicolor
comp_120170523_185631.jpg

Acanthoscurria geniculata
comp_120170512_204954.jpg

And my beloved G. porteri, she hates it being photographed, so the picture is not the best. But it shows, how beautiful this old lady still is. In the around eight years with me, she molted only two or three times. The last time was 2 years ago I think. So she should be really an old one.
Please overlook the water dish, it is ugly, I know :angelic: .
comp_120170525_170309.jpg

MGery92

Arachnosquire
Nice little monsters! I assume, that genic is going to molt soon. ;) Give it 4 months, and it will be a cruel, voracious beast. At least, mine is really want to eat almost everything in its enclosure, and it is only ~2.5". :) Your old lady is really beautiful. :angelic:

keks

Arachnobaron
Thank you :)
This little geniculata has molted, ~ one week ago. But since this molt it is very shy, I can't make a pic without stressing it. So I took an "older" one. Got my slings a month ago ;) .
I had one, years ago, this species is fantastic: Inquisitive, confident, but the first one never was really aggressive against me. Will be exciting, how this little one will develope in the future.

keks

Arachnobaron
Had a rehousing marathon today:
Grammostola pulchra in a 5.8 l Braplast container. It was almost funny, how she was "glued" to the cricket box when I wanted to get her into the container, needs some patience to sway ^^. There are in front ~ 9 cm soil, behind ~ 12 cm. The distance in front from the surface to the lid is ok.
comp_120170625_111710.jpg

Brachypelma emilia got a 5.8 l container too, she was a little skittish, but went in the new home really fast.
comp_120170625_114401.jpg

Cyriocosmus chicoi 1.0.0 subadult
The enclosure measures ~20 x 20 x 11 cm for each.
comp_120170625_104012.jpg

comp_120170625_104020.jpg

Cyriocosmus chicoi 0.1.0
comp_120170625_103618.jpg

Euathlus sp. fire ~ 2,5 cm BL
This one gave me a heartattack!!!! Every tarantula was exciting for me, but ok. Rehousing is stressful for both of us, and a little bit frantic.
But this little devil had attacked and bitten the tweezer!!:eek:
First I closed the little box of her. Quickly. And took a biiiiiiiiiiig breathe ....
Then I considered how to do now with this behavior. Hey!! You are Euathlus sp. fire, you are a docile, nice, friendly little tarantula, not Theraphosa blondi!!! Hope so.
The enclosure of her has not so high walls, so I couldn't let the little box in there, I had to get her out with the lid open :anxious:.
Calm down my nerves. Think about. No idea, I must try it again like I did before. Without poking the spider -.-"
Ok, she went out quickly, I had to hurry up closing the lid. This box measures 26 x 17 x 7 cm. I took the bigger one, because this species is a "busy" one, always on the way in the box. Oh yeah. And how fast she can be ... Got the lid shut when she was on the other side of the box :wacky:. Phew.
comp_120170625_120212.jpg
No pic of the lady herself for good measure :wacky: .

I rehoused C. elegans slings too, but they are hiding in the moss, no pics possible ^^.
comp_120170625_094912.jpg

And I had an accident too: The cricket box with Monocentropus balfouri fall from the desk in the kitchen as I wanted to give them springtails in. The next heart attack for me. One of them crawled slowly out of the soil on the floor. I could catch it with the small tube of the rehoused Cyriocosmus elegans slings. Then I could refill most of the soil to the cricket box, as a second one came out of the remaining soil on the floor. Next tube-catching ...
I don't know if they are still 5 spiders. They are definitely three, hoping that the two others are in the web-sack.

Wanted to rehouse Brachypelma albopilosum too, but the new soil is much to wet, she must wait.
Ypyrapora diversipes has to wait too, she molted.

It was a really exciting day today. For me and my spiders. But I got it :).

Attachments

Leila

Arachnobaron
An angry little Euathlus sp. fire (is that the same as the 'red'?)?? :rofl: How adorable. You got a weirdo, huh? :p

keks

Arachnobaron
One of my B. albopilosum Nicaragua got the first meal after molting. It is huge!! And beautiful ^^. :happy:
comp_1IMG_20170901_154841.jpg

First cricket for A. geniculata, this coward little thing! As I opened the lid of the box it shrinked to the half of its size!!! :rofl:
comp_120170901_160937.jpg

And I got a pic of one of my Cyricosmus elegans! :embarrassed:
comp_120170901_155313.jpg

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Just one thing on the irminia. They burrow alot as slings. Completely different to Avics. I like to give at least 2".

keks

Arachnobaron
Just one thing on the irminia. They burrow alot as slings. Completely different to Avics. I like to give at least 2".
This one lives above between the upper leaves/cork bark and under the lid, it is almost always visible. It only comes down for drinking or hunting. Today I had troubles to get it down from the lid as I wanted to open it for feeding. Maybe it doesn't know that P. irminia are fossorials as slings ^^.

The other one changes between the previous enclosure that is still inside, and the leaves/cork bark.
I ordered three month ago small terrariums in the pet shop, but I still don't have them, delivery delayed :shifty:. Now I'm searching for substitution.