Keeping T's with eczema

ao4649

Arachnopeon
How many keepers here have eczema, and how do you combat it in relation to hair-flicking specimens?

I've heard of gloves as an option, but is it worth the limited mobility?
Incidentally, is anyone worried about contaminating your enclosures with any of your medicines or lotions?

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Latex gloves and long sleeves should help without limiting mobility . Do not get any meds or lotions on your Ts . I don't know if it will hurt them but better to be safe then sorry .

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I use disposable gloves when working with my spiders, and long pants, long sleeves & collared shirts, when I'm going to be doing much with my Theraphosa.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I like nitrile gloves better than latex. With either, you don't sacrifice much tactility and they provide a decent barrier against urticating hairs and transference of any topical meds.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
BorisTheSpider is damn right. It doesn't matter "how", "if", "when" or "how much" those medicines/lotions could harm your inverts, better never risk and remain ignorants on that issue :-s

cold blood

Staff member
Get some N. incei, then Taps and Psalms (the no urticating hairs ladder...hehe)....then onto baboons like Augecaphelous/Ceratogryus, then onto whatever OW's you like;).