Keeping track of molts and rehousing fossorial

vounti

Arachnoknight
Hello everyone,

just like most of you, I like keeping track of my Ts molts, feedings etc. I like having the exact date when they molt and eat this way I can have a life record of my animals. I'd like to know if you guys have any tips for hiding Ts. I can barely see my P. irminia

Also I'd like to ask you how do you guys know when to rehouse your fossorials? Since they're alsmot 24/7 in their burrow, I find it hard to know when the time is right. What can I do if I try to rehouse one while it's molting ?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Mine will normally kick the molt out of the entrance to the burrow. If not, when they are hungry they should keep their feet towards the entrance, if you see this then you know its not molting. Mine will also seal up the entrance when molting so that is a sign to not rehouse.

jay444

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone,

just like most of you, I like keeping track of my Ts molts, feedings etc. I like having the exact date when they molt and eat this way I can have a life record of my animals. I'd like to know if you guys have any tips for hiding Ts. I can barely see my P. irminia

Also I'd like to ask you how do you guys know when to rehouse your fossorials? Since they're alsmot 24/7 in their burrow, I find it hard to know when the time is right. What can I do if I try to rehouse one while it's molting ?
My fossorials and more reclusive Ts are usually always out a night (past 12 am). Here is a pic I took of my young C. darlingi last night. I try to feed them really early in the morning or late at night. Never try to rehouse if the burrow / web nest is closed off. If a T webs the entrance of her lair, almost everytime she is in premolt. Same goes with the feeding; don't attempt to feed if the burrow is closed. If in doubt, leave prekilled prey for 24h at the entrance.

130027965_166121971892804_2153143793392011029_n.jpg

Last edited:

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Been keeping fossorials or obligate burrowers for over a decade now. I don't even have 5 molts from them in all those years as they like to keep them in their burrows. I do hope you end up getting some molts though I just haven't been too lucky.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
they either eject them or shove them into a corner in their burrow. They typically tale out the trash at some point