Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Keeping superworm beetles with millipedes?

Discussion in 'Insects, Other Invertebrates & Arthropods' started by WyrmSwarm, Nov 10, 2019.

1. WyrmSwarm

WyrmSwarm Arachnosquire Active Member

USA
    Advertisement
    I have a Texas Gold millipede in an enclosure along with some isopods as a clean up crew. I wonder has anyone tried putting superworm beetles in an enclosure with other inverts as a clean up crew? Would the superworm beetles bother the millipedes if they go through molt?

2. Polenth

Polenth Arachnoknight Active Member

I've not tried it, but given how many people complain about their superworms eating each other, it's not something I'd want to try. I don't use woodlice with millipedes either. Millipedes are a helpless snack when they moult, so it's risky to add anything that likes easy protein.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. WyrmSwarm

WyrmSwarm Arachnosquire Active Member

USA
    Ah I see. That was my main fear, having my millipede go through a molt and then find out that it got gnawed on xD

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.