Keeping milipedes together - newbie

drie

Arachnopeon
Hi :) I'm new to this hobby and I have a question. I recieved four milipedes as a gift. Two of them are Centerobolus splendidus "Mozambique" (females) and the other two are Centerobolus splendidus (males). Are they the same species? I thought they are different just by the colour, some people told me that they are both different species and I shouldn't keep them together.
My tank is 25l, filled with 15l of cocoa wires. They are all different size, the mozambiqes are twice as big as the other. Is there any danger that they will eat eachother or something? I can say that the males curl more often, but I don't handle them at all contrary to Mozambiques.

kjgalaxy

Arachnosquire
Millipedes don't eat each other. Only real risk of dramatic differences in size is one might crush another by accident. I don't know about those particular species, but so long as they both need the same environment (heat, humidity, soil dampness) they can probably be kept together safely. Hopefully someone with experience with those species will speak up.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
If they are both Centrobolus splendidus then they are the same species. Centrobolus is the genus and splendidus is the species. Very different types of millipedes can be kept safely in the same enclosure without any problems as long as there is food and space.

drie

Arachnopeon
Thank you! I was triggered that maybe the smaller could be stressed with the bigger ones