Keeping different pokies together

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My metallica was spazoid. Went to a new home before 4.5”, the member that took him had way more experience. I did recently get a regalis, gonna give ow arboreal one more shot. Not my brightest call, I may become the poster child for idiot moves. 😅
Honest and not defensive- keep posting!

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
P. metallica peak in color at 4.5” then seem to lose much of the extreme blue as they get older. P. subfusca are the real top queens of Poecilotheria if you ask me. Then comes metallica, rufilata, ornata, regalis, vittata.. I dig the creamy coffee color vent band on regalis.. now someone has to print a regalis on a coffee cup.. ☕
I think I'd put them (subfusca) around #2 or 3. I think rufilata are the tops but that's just my preference. Metallica are hit and miss and depend on lighting. I agree with you on vitiate, which I think is under rated as is the regal
is (because they are the most common)

Nebs Tarantulas

Arachnosquire
P. metallica peak in color at 4.5” then seem to lose much of the extreme blue as they get older. P. subfusca are the real top queens of Poecilotheria if you ask me. Then comes metallica, rufilata, ornata, regalis, vittata.. I dig the creamy coffee color vent band on regalis.. now someone has to print a regalis on a coffee cup.. ☕
I like Rufilata the most, the greens very much appeal to me

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
Did we walk into DC's Bizarro universe, where everything is opposite, it SURE seems that way!!!

The OP proposed the opposite of the smartest idea I've ever read...I mean I can't take posters like this seriously.

That idea is only superseded by this one that came here once or so "can we make tarantulas vegetarian because I'm vegan"

What other "great" ideas are out there, like we need an Einstein to help us out to come up with something as clever.
My personal favorite was the guy who was dead set upon growing weed in his T enclosure. Among his many fabulously articulated arguments were, "It's not like it can get the spider high," and, "You guys anti-drug and that's why you think it's a bad idea,"

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
My personal favorite was the guy who was dead set upon growing weed in his T enclosure. Among his many fabulously articulated arguments were, "It's not like it can get the spider high," and, "You guys anti-drug and that's why you think it's a bad idea,"
That guy speaks like a true drug addict 🤣

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
that guy was hilarious, he demanded proof it wasnt a good idea :rofl:

Last edited:

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Oh god I remember that thread. At first I was convinced that the guy was a troll. It became apparent that he was serious, though. Gotta love people.

Eggiess

Arachnopeon
Omg, I want to believe this didn’t happen because that’s the biggest facepalm I’ve ever heard lol

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
But the urticating hairs will increase the yeilds! 🤨 😂

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
E
Exactly the same with " communal " scorpion keeping.
When folks say "I've seen it done with only minimal casualties" is a contradiction in itself.
I don't believe there is any communal, long term, only varying degrees of tolerance.
Iirc whip scorps were observed communally in the wild, so Id imagine there are true communals.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Iirc whip scorps were observed communally in the wild, so Id imagine there are true communals.
Bark Scorpions live communally. Why tree trimmers get fatally injured by them. You typically disturb a mass of them.

I think that is the only communal true scorpion

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah I know, I wasn’t expecting a positive response but I have heard of a sling communal with 5 P. Rufilata and a P. Regalis, though proving your point, slings
They kept a P. regalis in with P. rufilatas?? who / where was this at? I'd be interested in reading about that mess, how it ended up (I mean I can imagine the ending but still) and just the why of it.

BlueLineTs

Arachnopeon
On a similar thought, I’ve seen articles on Ts living with tiny frogs in a symbiotic relationship in the wild. Anything like this ever attempted in the hobby. I’d imagine you would probably just have a happy T and a dead frog.

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
But may help highlight the fact that metallica’s are not the most phenomenally colored pokies of the bunch when side by side with other species and no direct light on them. 😆
What do you think the brightest of the bunch is? Regalis?

Craig73

Arachnoangel
What do you think the brightest of the bunch is? Regalis?
Nah, but I do like it’s overall pattern more. Metallica would take brightest hands down, but there are others that have more distinct/sharper patterns which makes them more attractive for me which is weird since blue is my favorite color. Now if only some of the others came in a pint sized package like the metallica that would be win, why they gotta be so massive?!😅

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
Nah, but I do like it’s overall pattern more. Metallica would take brightest hands down, but there are others that have more distinct/sharper patterns which makes them more attractive for me which is weird since blue is my favorite color. Now if only some of the others came in a pint sized package like the metallica that would be win, why they gotta be so massive?!😅
I'm looking forward to seeing my rufilata get yuge 😎