Keeping assassin bugs warm?

Flammendehaar

Arachnopeon
I'm getting some Psytalla horrida nymphs in the coming days. I'm going to be housing them in an exo terra terrarium in my living room. I'm in the UK and it's not always a warm room, so I want to keep them heated to at least 22c. I have a small heat mat and I'm experimenting with where to attach it to the tank. It's currently set to about 40c and attached to one side but that doesn't seem to be translating brilliantly into the tank. My digital thermometer is giving me 21 for more surfaces in there at most. Should I put it underneath? On the back and let the heat permeate though? Thanks!

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Room temperature (15°C - 30°C) would be just fine.

Flammendehaar

Arachnopeon
Room temperature (15°C - 30°C) would be just fine.
Ah, Assassin Bug royalty! Thanks for the response. There's so much conflicting info about the requirements for these guys online. I saw a post about someone's nymphs dying and he was told it was because they were kept at 20, but some places say room temperature is fine and others that they need to be warm. I'll likely keep the heat mat on there anyway but this is reassuring.

Isopods others

Arachnoknight
Heat mat - side of enclosure stick on with heat proof tape, don't forget themometer from amazon

Flammendehaar

Arachnopeon
Heat mat - side of enclosure stick on with heat proof tape, don't forget themometer from amazon
How warm would that be set to for heat to dissipate well into the tank? I can set the one I have to a max of 50c but it doesn't seem to warm much beyond the glass wall it's attached to

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I would not keep that heat mat set at 40ºC or 50ºC that is too much as they are likely fine at your room temps anyway

Flammendehaar

Arachnopeon
I would not keep that heat mat set at 40ºC or 50ºC that is too much as they are likely fine at your room temps anyway
So if I just set it to like 30 and let that dissipate into the tank? They should have a warm and cool side then and the surfaces in the tank don't actually get hotter than about 22 then.