Keep finding these around my house. Cannot figure the species out

Screamingreenmachine

Arachnosquire
I keep finding these tiny tiny slings around my house. I usually leave them alone but this specimen was crawling across my floor as I rehoused a tarantula, so I snagged it. I'm tempted to try to raise this one as my first true spider. Put some torn up leaves in the vial in order to give it something to climb or hide under.

Any idea as to what it is? Fast as the wind, cannot climb a smooth surface to save its life, a pain to get a good photo of, and is extremely tiny around 1/4th of an inch. I live in the Florida Panhandle so that might hopefully narrow down the choices. I was thinking maybe an Agelenopsis species since they are everywhere in my yard, but the markings seem closer to the
Dolomedes tenebrosus species I've seen around or even just the basic wolf spider.
http://i.imgur.com/QlyVwkI.jpg
Edit: Removed the pic and added a link as the pic was so massive! Sorry about that!

aaarg

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like a wall spider (family Oecobiidae). I don't know much about their diversity, but I'm guessing it's in the genus Oecobius. The size (itty bitty) and speed (lightning fast) fit the bill for sure.

I'd stick something vertical in its enclosure, as I've only ever seen them on brick/cinderblock walls.

Screamingreenmachine

Arachnosquire
Looks like a wall spider (family Oecobiidae). I don't know much about their diversity, but I'm guessing it's in the genus Oecobius. The size (itty bitty) and speed (lightning fast) fit the bill for sure.

I'd stick something vertical in its enclosure, as I've only ever seen them on brick/cinderblock walls.
That's it! Never heard of Oecobius spiders before but a few minutes poking around Google showed that is exactly what this is. Fixed up the enclosure to give it vertical spots to climb. They seem to love the little microscopic black ants that show up now and then around the windows, so I'll try those out and some pinhead crickets for food. This seems like such an awesome little species

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I am bombarded lately with grass spiders in my house. It is true we've had a lot of rain, suppose that's driving them to seek shelter.
Anyway, not the same as your pix. Mine have 2 distinct carapace stripes --- looks like what we call grass spiders here in NC (a bit different from wolfies).
They are super fast on my carpet. Except when they're not. lol
I try to catch-cup and put them back outside, But mostly, unless they sit still long enough for catch-cupping, I am just letting them chill inside. lol

(The rubber gasket (grey) thresh hold thingie at my door dry-rotted, so I figure that's how they're gaining entrance). Gotta get to Lowes and buy a replacement.

Screamingreenmachine

Arachnosquire
I am bombarded lately with grass spiders in my house. It is true we've had a lot of rain, suppose that's driving them to seek shelter.
Anyway, not the same as your pix. Mine have 2 distinct carapace stripes --- looks like what we call grass spiders here in NC (a bit different from wolfies).
They are super fast on my carpet. Except when they're not. lol
I try to catch-cup and put them back outside, But mostly, unless they sit still long enough for catch-cupping, I am just letting them chill inside. lol

(The rubber gasket (grey) thresh hold thingie at my door dry-rotted, so I figure that's how they're gaining entrance). Gotta get to Lowes and buy a replacement.
I was actually up in North Carolina at my parents place during all the heavy rains and the wolf spiders were out in swarms and some were running around with egg sacks. One spider was absolutely massive! The house is new so none have really found their way in yet, but I'm sure in time they will

Grass spiders and wolf spiders actually still give me the shivers! I'm trying to get over my phobia of large true spiders, but it still gets to me (half the reason I want to keep a true spider is to get over this fear). Just thinking of walking into a web makes me panic internally a bit. But I fight that phobia and if I see one in my house, I snag it and put it back outside. I hear you about that seal drying up. As soon as it does, everything comes in

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I'm an arachnophobe, but grass spiders tend to stay on the floor. Wouldn't like to think of them climbing all over me while I slept. lol

If my cat wasn't so obese, she'd hunt them for me. Instead, she sorta jolts/jerks upon seeing them, twitches a few seconds while contemplating her attack, then decides to resume napping instead.

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
@Ellenantula

(The rubber gasket (grey) thresh hold thingie at my door dry-rotted, so I figure that's how they're gaining entrance). Gotta get to Lowes and buy a replacement.[/QUOTE]

Maybe a weather strip? We had to do this recently to prevent " oriental beetles" coming into house. They look like big roaches and eat leaves... they are everywhere in our area in CA:bored:

Screamingreenmachine

Arachnosquire
I'm an arachnophobe, but grass spiders tend to stay on the floor. Wouldn't like to think of them climbing all over me while I slept. lol

If my cat wasn't so obese, she'd hunt them for me. Instead, she sorta jolts/jerks upon seeing them, twitches a few seconds while contemplating her attack, then decides to resume napping instead.
I've got some stories for you of spiders crawling over me in my sleep, but I'll hold off on them! Spiders basically caused my phobia of them! But every day I'm getting better haha

Too cute about the fat cat. My dogs were the same way. Just watched the spiders and then would fall back to sleep :rofl:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
My arachnophobia is much improved these days. There was a time I could not have slept comfortably in my house until the spider was killed and I witnessed the corpse. Now I have a healthier 'live and let live' attitude towards them.

keks

Arachnobaron
My arachnophobia is much improved these days. There was a time I could not have slept comfortably in my house until the spider was killed and I witnessed the corpse. Now I have a healthier 'live and let live' attitude towards them.
It was the same for me: Spiders scared me to death. As I was a child, my parents had to control my bedroom every evening, and the spider has to be killed. Taking it out made no sense, because it would came in again. I even couldn't look at a spider picture in a magazine, I dashed the magazine to the other side of the room.
Phobias are so unnecessary :shifty: .

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I still have a short-lived single heart-in-throat moment when seeing a stray spider in the house -- but then I breathe, relax, and remind myself I am not supposed to be afraid of them anymore.
I'm much fonder of the webbing corner spiders in my home -- they stay put!
Wanderers.... well, they deserve to live too.

Screamingreenmachine

Arachnosquire
I still have a short-lived single heart-in-throat moment when seeing a stray spider in the house -- but then I breathe, relax, and remind myself I am not supposed to be afraid of them anymore.
I'm much fonder of the webbing corner spiders in my home -- they stay put!
Wanderers.... well, they deserve to live too.
Haha, I agree, they all deserve to live but the big ones (other than my monsters) need to stay living outside :shifty: Hopefully one day soon they won't bother me so much because they are all so damn beautiful. I dream of landing a Heteropoda davidbowie one day

aaarg

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you can send the big ones to me!

give me your tigrosas, your dolomedes, your huddled hognas, yearning to feed free...

aikouikirisu

Arachnopeon
There was a momma wolf spider where i worked at this morning. I didn't know she was a momma till i got her in a cup to prevent someone else from squishing her. I was like "awwww slings" and then i let her go outside. Most everyone i work with dislikes (thats the nice way to put it) spiders. Im the oddball. They get in the house or car i leave them be.

Veles

Arachnobaron
Haha, I agree, they all deserve to live but the big ones (other than my monsters) need to stay living outside :shifty: Hopefully one day soon they won't bother me so much because they are all so damn beautiful. I dream of landing a Heteropoda davidbowie one day
How can you not be scared of T's but still fear large true spiders?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I'm toying with a new way to beat arachnophobia. Add a couple dozen H Venatoria juvenile males to the home. As they mature they become used to cohabiting with you. Completely harmless (there is only one thing on their minds and no room for anything else) and they are comic klutzes, chasing each other around, exploring every inch of the house and if you sit still, your body, and aid you in becoming a ballerina as you try to avoid stepping on them.
The down side to this arachnophobia treatment is if someone manages to get a video of you ranting and yelling at a spider, waving your arms around as you explain the survival instinct they all seem to be lacking: "Just what do you think you're doing? Get out of that pan! NO. Move it! Off the counter! Get your butt up that wall and stay there!"