Juvenile's Leg Stuck in Moult

Terrortoma

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!
I have this juvenile L. parahybana I've had for a few years, since he was a little sling. A couple days ago, I noticed he had moulted. I only just opened up his enclosure to remove the moult, when I noticed that his top right leg was totally stuck in his moult. I removed the vast majority of the moult (poor thing was dragging it around), but the exoskeleton stuck on the leg is too thin for me to peel off without mangling the leg underneath. I can see fresh leg bulging from a couple joints. The rest of the legs on that side are all mangled, but left the moult just fine.

I don't want this to interfere with his next moult, if he makes it. His fangs, palps, and abdomen look normal to me. Should I wait to see if he drops the leg in a couple days, and remove it myself otherwise? I've never had a spider go through a bad moult, it choked me up seeing him like this this morning.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I'd let him amputate it himself. He'll be fine. Try feeding in a week or so like normal

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I have an L. klugi with the same basic problem right now...a piece of old molt stuck on the top of the abdomen. I'm leaving it to be molted off, as tempting as it is to use tweezers to pull it off.

If we try to pull of pieces off molt, we may do more harm then good. Unless it is a life-threatening situation (head/fangs etc stuck in the old molt) where it's almost certainly dead anyway, I think it's best to let it resolve the issue itself.

Terrortoma

Arachnopeon
He can walk around and his fangs are hardening up well, so hopefully he'll eat in a couple days. I'm glad to hear his condition doesn't look lethal :)