Juvenile Phlogius Cassipes Eunice sealed burrow and I can see in a peephole that it is not moving.

mastersdoubleshot

Arachnopeon
Hi, I have a juvenile Phlogius Cassipes Eunice that recently made a web curtain over its burrow so I assume it is moulting. It has been about two weeks and I had become curious so I turned the enclosure around to look into a peephole that it had made against the glass. I can see it is in the peephole but it has not moved in 18 hours. It doesn't look like it has collapsed, which I believe it would do if it passed away. There are two feet touching the glass and I can see something shiny/reflective looking which may be the underside of its carapace but this is all I've seen since last night. Does this seem normal?

IronMaiden

Arachnopeon
I don't have that species but I wouldn't get too concerned yet. My Aphonopelma Seemanni did the same thing only it just blocked the burrow with substrate.I can't remember how long exactly the molt took but it was over 2 weeks at least 3 or more.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
2 weeks is not a long time and by nature they are not highly active animals when burrowed away.

TreMul

Arachnopeon
OP in my experience, I've had them hide for months with, as far as I can tell, no movement. Out of nowhere, there they are!

Mikeyspikeyz

Arachnopeon
Welcome to the jar of dirt club, where we buy expensive monsters of nature and they become terribly inefficient earth movers!

As everyone else has said don't worry, Ts burrow, most Ts don't move at all and when they do you barely notice.

Kaqpewqt

Arachnopeon
I have a Chilobrachys sp. Kaeng Krachan which sealed of its burrow in late September. Also almost no movement as far as i could tell through a peephole. Came out one week ago, perfectly fine and as a mature male. Burrow was sealed for 4 whole months, no food, no water (except misting the enclosure every other week or so) and he was alright.

Dont worry about it too much and don’t disturb your T. If something really is wrong u gonna smell it sooner or later lol

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sealed hide = usually molt preperation. No need to worry, keep waterdish filled, otherwise be patient. The T will show up again once it's done and yes, that may take a few weeks. My irminia girls sometimes took 8-12 weeks before showing up again. But the first feeding then will be enjoyable :D

mastersdoubleshot

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, thanks for the advice! I just mean the T literally had not even moved a foot in 18 hours and I was beginning to worry lol! If I had seen any difference when looking through the peephole within that 18 hours, I wouldn't have jumped to the conclusion that maybe he had died. Today I have seen a tiny bit of a change in foot position so that's made me feel better :)

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Sealed hide = usually molt preperation. No need to worry, keep waterdish filled, otherwise be patient. The T will show up again once it's done and yes, that may take a few weeks. My irminia girls sometimes took 8-12 weeks before showing up again. But the first feeding then will be enjoyable :D
To add to this: sealed burrow = leave me alone, no matter why!