Just transferred my P. Irminia

RoseT

Arachnosquire
It took 46 minutes.....Yeah, Im somewhat new to the hobby (4 months) but I take every procedure in caution that is available....Observation, patience, and to never under estimate. Anyway, this little sling got about 2 feet across my bathtub in (Not kidding) 1 second if that...I mean it literally teleported..Now I know what you guys mean by that....lol...Not a understatement either.

Just thought Id share and post a pic of him/her in the new enclosure...Which by the way, will be staying in as long as possible..this is the upper portion of the deli cup its on 2 inches of eco earth and a 3 inch log going up that i didnt capture on the pic incase youre wondering...

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good job!She's cute!Try rehousing a 3" female H.Maculata or an OBT sling!That's some serious adrenaline!

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Good i know how that can be rehousing this species of T mine refused to get back into her enclosure lol. It took like 20 minutes lol to get her in her home lol

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Good job!She's cute!Try rehousing a 3" female H.Maculata or an OBT sling!That's some serious adrenaline!

My OBT sling is next!!! (yikes)....Im holding off until she gets a bit bigger though cause shes going into the container she will be in for the rest of her life...lol....

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Might have to rehouse my irminia in a couple of months. Kind of scared because of how fast they are.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice job! I'm sure you did just fine. Rehousing my OBT is one of the greatest T-owning pleasure's I've experienced. P irminias are very quick, but the OBT is hilarious as it teleports around. They are SO very spastic...just crazy little guys. I was nervous at first with it (It was my first old world) but am now not nervous, and very attached.

Congrats...there is a good sense of accomplishment with the faster Ts rehousing, yes?

T o m

Arachnopeon
he/she looks beautiful! i just picked up a sling 2 hours ago hopefully mine won't go teleporting on me lol

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Nice job! I'm sure you did just fine. Rehousing my OBT is one of the greatest T-owning pleasure's I've experienced. P irminias are very quick, but the OBT is hilarious as it teleports around. They are SO very spastic...just crazy little guys. I was nervous at first with it (It was my first old world) but am now not nervous, and very attached.

Congrats...there is a good sense of accomplishment with the faster Ts rehousing, yes?
Indeed there is!...I just hate that it took as long as it did because my intentions were to stress her the littlest possible...But it is what it is and Im glad shes ok...Dropped a cricket in there right after to reward her and she grabbed it so that tells me shes doing fine :). Thanks guys I appreciate all the comments!.

T o m: They are great arent they?...I cant wait for mine to get bigger to admirer her even more!....

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
They grow fast :D that is why i love them besides the fact they are beautiful and eat well :D

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The best way I have found to transfer slings or adults that are, shall we say a bit of a PITA, is to use the bag method. Take a large freezer Ziploc type bag or equivalent and gently coax the T into it by either "funneling" it into the bag or simply cover the entire old enclosure with the bag. I coax mine with a straw and simply blow air near the t and sort of direct it towards the bag. Once in the bag they are easy to examine and easy to get into their new enclusure. I have done this a few times with Haplopelmas, Poecilotheria and a few other fast and livlier species. Hope that will help and nice lookin sling!

T o m

Arachnopeon
ye they are gorgeous! mines in a little deli cup atm waiting til he/she gets a bit bigger before i move her (wish me luck) ive been warned of there pace. Transferring my H.lividum the other week was possibly the most gut wrenching experience of my life, she refused to leave the container into the new tank for about 10 minutes and when she finally did she bolted across and out the other side in about a second, i caught her in a tub and then she went straight in :p

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah really...my adrenaline is pumping just misting or feeding my Maculata slings....my OBT's aint as bad cause they webbed everything up so bad...

Blurboy

Arachnopeon
I've got to re-house my Ornata and to say I'm a bit nervous is an understatement. It's just short of about 3" long and so is still a juvenile. I'll let you know how I get on when it's done.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The best way I have found to transfer slings or adults that are, shall we say a bit of a PITA, is to use the bag method. Take a large freezer Ziploc type bag or equivalent and gently coax the T into it by either "funneling" it into the bag or simply cover the entire old enclosure with the bag. I coax mine with a straw and simply blow air near the t and sort of direct it towards the bag. Once in the bag they are easy to examine and easy to get into their new enclusure. I have done this a few times with Haplopelmas, Poecilotheria and a few other fast and livlier species. Hope that will help and nice lookin sling!
You should make a video of you doing that, that would be interesting to see. I imagine they would be more maneuverable in a bag, but I would be worried about them trying to eat through it! :eek:

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Yeah the bag Idea is a pretty dang interesting Idea..Id like to see more by pics, or maybe a video...You might be on to something new here...That is of course if we can rule out the fact that they wont bite through the bag which im sure the are perfectly able to.