Just to put my mind at ease...

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I'm setting up some new enclosures and cork bark hides for new Ts and for those who need a bigger enclosure. I'm planning to use cork bark for the hides and hot glue fake 'reptile' plants on them. Would the hot glue pose any problem to them once it's dry?

DeanK

Arachnosquire
I don't think it does. I've seen lots of people using hot glue in their enclosures

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It shouldn't be an issue. My sling enclosures have bark/plants hot glued to the tops.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm setting up some new enclosures and cork bark hides for new Ts and for those who need a bigger enclosure. I'm planning to use cork bark for the hides and hot glue fake 'reptile' plants on them. Would the hot glue pose any problem to them once it's dry?
No.

SC Tarantulas

Arachnoknight
Its fine to use. Just be sure you remove all the loose strands of glue so the resident of the enclosure doesn't get entangled.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
I build custom hides and custom sling enclosures for use with my T's and for sale (many ppl Here are cutrently using hides i have made an sling enclosures).

Hot glue is the only adhesive i use.
Highly recommend it. Dries super fast and is virtually odorless/fumeless
examples of sling enclosures.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Did the exact same thing a non-issue for years, across many species. HOWEVER, once it dries make sure you give it time to get the fumes, or de-gas/out-gas as the terminology is often used w/plastics. Have someone who hasn't smelled the hot glue see if they can smell it. I get used to the scent after a couple of days, so I have someone else smell it.

Also, while I use it because it's cheap, hot glue isn't the best adhesive. When I glue plastic water bowls to acrylic water stands I make, after about a year or more the hot glue gives way. It's cheap, so you can't expect it to last IME.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
+1 to the whate Viper said about the water dish. I hot glue fake plants and water dishes to cork slabs and hides too. The plants usually last but the waterdishes are a bit iffy. Ive had some fall of in a mater of weeks.

Although I'm guessing from most of your posts that I have seen, that water dishes glued to the cork wont be an issue as you are doing it for terrestrials?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
+1 to the whate Viper said about the water dish. I hot glue fake plants and water dishes to cork slabs and hides too. The plants usually last but the waterdishes are a bit iffy. Ive had some fall of in a mater of weeks.

Although I'm guessing from most of your posts that I have seen, that water dishes glued to the cork wont be an issue as you are doing it for terrestrials?
I was so disappointed w/the glue failing. Makes me want to switch to disposable condiment cups for water. I can get a source for premade holders of those. BUT, they would eat up a lot of space in some of my AMAC cubes. Oh well!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Persistence is key :banghead:

I try my best to cut a nice little wedge in with a hack sawand glue it in nice n tight and it still fails sometimes. I have to get used to it now I am keeping arboreals again.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
I use hot glue once in a while and so far I've never had a problem. I also always make sure that the packs of hot glue I use says nontoxic just in case.

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
I've used hot glue plenty of times for aquarium decor. If it's safe for fish, I can't imagine it being dangerous to tarantulas.