just sharing pic...

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just part of an ongoing project ive been working on for a year or so. have 1.5.1 with one unsexed 3.5". so far just have gotten one dud sac, and have been through like...4 MMs, on my 5th. this species seems to be a hard one to crack :p.
anyways,
biggest of my girls, all have been mated several times, this one is so far the most plump, and easily the most 'outgoing', not shy at all. these things have got to be one of the most difficult to get to plump up, just not big eaters compared to other sp's IMO

and the lucky male...who has somehow managed to not get eaten {D. ive had him alternating from female to female every 2 weeks, still makes sperm webs, i still see some breeding except from one female who has webbed herself up for some time.

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
im really not sure to be honest, ive never grown up a big enough batch to see. i would assume though it would be male heavy, but im sure it really depends on the species, and possibly weather conditions, or just chance. im not sure if a rock solid study has been done on Ts about male to female ratio per sac as of yet :?.

this balfouri group in specific was acquired as adults so all 5 girls were already sexed and big and what not, the unsexed one was a baby i raised and all the males were purchased as such (well, all but one, i raised one) so its no really a good example of m/f ratio.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The next short term Holy Grail.

GL, the hobby needs it!!!

PIG-

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I didn't understand the big deal about this species until I saw some really good pictures. Beautiful! Oddly, they kind of remind me of Siamese cats.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I didn't understand the big deal about this species until I saw some really good pictures. Beautiful! Oddly, they kind of remind me of Siamese cats.
LOL! You are right! I couldnt quite put my finger on it.. {D

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you know, now that you mention it, they do kind of remind me of Siamese cats too {D

im hoping ill get another sac by the end of the year, but we'll see. the eggsacs from what i can tell are *tiny*!! there couldnt have been more than 15-20 eggs in the dud sac, although that female was my smallest (around 3.5", my biggest is somewhere around 4-4.5")

smaller female, older pic

Zman181

Arachnoknight
Very Beautiful! First thing that crossed my mind was Siamese Cat :)

Best of Luck!

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hm, in the region where they come from... do they have a cooling period or a warmer/dryer period? maybe a wet season?

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hm, in the region where they come from... do they have a cooling period or a warmer/dryer period? maybe a wet season?
Not sure about the seasons but here are some photos that will show you what it's like where they live. :)

Btw, good luck Mitch. I'd sure like to try breeding these someday.

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks for the link to those pics, i definitely gotta rescape my cages!

i got the dud sac last year after winter, so im hoping the winter cool down was the trigger, we'll see :eek:. ive tried light flooding, but from what i have heard they dont require it

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
^
yes I was gonna say for newbs like me can you plz post the name of the species

:)