Just rehoused, unfortunately there is mold...

SpookyFlavor

Arachnopeon
This is my first time dealing with Mold/Fungus. Usually I don’t have any problems, so I’m very inexperienced with Mold/fungus.

Does anyone know what type is growing in my enclosure? Also what would be the best corse of action? My last resort is to rehouse again because I don’t want to stress the T out. Also the mold/fungus started out white and is now turning brownish as seen in the picture.
Thank you! 0CC2FD81-26D9-4DBB-B267-40495F2F406B.jpeg

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
It’s not the end of the world, just pick them out with a tong. If you don’t want to be bothered, keep the enclosure dry for awhile.

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
You can dry it out, like @BoyFromLA said. But if it has started sending out spores which looks likely because it is getting light through that side then it will just come right back. If you are on a budget I would suggest putting T in temporary housing then nuking/boiling/baking the soil to destroy all the life. Then have a colony of about 100 springtails per gallon put in there. Let them settle in, then reintroduce the T. Is it a tropical or temperate enclosure? Starting out with a springtail culture/s will save you the headache of ever having to deal with mold and leftovers. I suggest you take the leftovers out ofc. But in a pinch, the springtails will go right at 'em. If it isn't a fossorial one, you could also create a false bottom to keep any water from stagnating the soil. My 2c

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Starting out with a springtail culture/s will save you the headache of ever having to deal with mold and leftovers.
Sorta- they require a bit of moisture in the sub. This species is kept dry, the springtails will die at some point

A false bottom--also more than necessary too.

Pick out w/tongs.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Either way its not really a danger to your tarantula, you dont NEED to rehouse. molds fungi and microbiotic activity are normal parts of soil life in nature, soils are alive. I personally dont worry about it in thhe slightest. May need to do a little better boli removal though and up ventilation if you are worried about it.