Just received my newest additions

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
(First off, thanks to Kelly Swift. Great packing job :clap: )

H.Lividum 1/2"

A.Chacoana 1/4"

I'll have pics soon, but I was wondering, how soon should I feed them?

Also, I know the 1/2" will eat a pinhead cricket, but what about the 1/4" one? Should I feed them both a pinhead and how soon should I feed them? I just received the shipment roughly an hour ago.

Slash

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
(First off, thanks to Kelly Swift. Great packing job :clap: )

H.Lividum 1/2"

A.Chacoana 1/4"

I'll have pics soon, but I was wondering, how soon should I feed them?

Also, I know the 1/2" will eat a pinhead cricket, but what about the 1/4" one? Should I feed them both a pinhead and how soon should I feed them? I just received the shipment roughly an hour ago.
I'd say let them get a little situated first. Maybe a couple hours.

When my L. parahybana was microscopic, I used to break off cricket legs and throw them in there, or take REALLY small crix, kill them, and then throw them in. They eat 'em.

Best of luck!

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I usually offer food as soon as I have the sling in its new enclosure. Sometimes they take it, sometimes they don't. On the smaller sling just smash the crikets head to kill it if your afraid its too big for the sling. If hungry it will feed. If they don't eat within 12-24 hours take the cricket out and wait say 2-3 days and try again.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd say let them get a little situated first. Maybe a couple hours.

When my L. parahybana was microscopic, I used to break off cricket legs and throw them in there, or take REALLY small crix, kill them, and then throw them in. They eat 'em.

Best of luck!
Nice information, I received a 1/4" Geniculata and i was wondering about the prey size.. :razz:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I feed all of my newly arrived Ts an hour after housing, and every T I have aquired has not refused. I'm pretty sure they enjoy the meal after a long flight. Feed the ¼" A.chacoana one pinhead cricket, and the ½" H.lividum two pinhead crickets. THat'll be fine for now. Enjoy your new arrivals.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
so far, the H.Lividum has caught and eaten a pinhead. i've pre-killed a pinhead for the A.Chacoana and placed it by him. it's still there and she hasn't taken it.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
so far, the H.Lividum has caught and eaten a pinhead. i've pre-killed a pinhead for the A.Chacoana and placed it by him. it's still there and she hasn't taken it.
How long ago did you place it in there? I would just put a live one in there to try it. Ts can take down pretty big prey items, and a live pinhead shouldn't be a problem for a ¼" sling. Just remove it within an hour of putting it in.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How long ago did you place it in there? I would just put a live one in there to try it. Ts can take down pretty big prey items, and a live pinhead shouldn't be a problem for a ¼" sling. Just remove it within an hour of putting it in.
the cricket's been in there for a few hours now. i'll remove it and re-try tomorrow morning. i think i'll also feed the H.Lividum at the same time tomorrow morning

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
k so i tried just right now to re-feed the cricket to the A.Chacoana sling since she seemed way more active (which i'm glad she's walking around and scurrying a bit more because before she was just huddled in the same spot forever), but she still won't take the food. i'll leave it in there tonite and hope that it's gone by tomorrow morning.

KnK

Arachnopeon
Lividuns kind a disappoint me, I always love this species but I rarely see the females one, my male is out, but the others are kind of bored...
anyway... it's a great and beautifull T!!! Good like with the new babies!!

Regards Pedraz

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Lividuns kind a disappoint me, I always love this species but I rarely see the females one, my male is out, but the others are kind of bored...
anyway... it's a great and beautifull T!!! Good like with the new babies!!

Regards Pedraz
You don't HAVE to own them if they bore you so much. I find it fascinating that they can stay in there burrows for such long periods.

KnK

Arachnopeon
You don't HAVE to own them if they bore you so much. I find it fascinating that they can stay in there burrows for such long periods.
Hi Novak
I know, but when I got this specie for the first time I think it's gonna be a differente comportament, but, still are one of my favorites{D !!! I just say what I think abaout they with my experience (what is small with the burows one)

Regards Pedraz