Just Ordered My First T!

Stardust1986

Arachnoknight
No, I'm a liar. :rolleyes:

He and I would PM every so often at times.
That's just so suprising, I'm new here by the way, so much info here, I wouldn't be suprised by this

That's just so suprising, I'm new here by the way, so much info here, I wouldn't be suprised by this
Please dont think I was doubting you by the way, I couldn't be a youtuber for this anyway, I think it would be too many pets for me to care for properly. I'd rather have a couple tarantulas I could take great care of, than struggle to care of a 100 or more Lol

Craig73

Arachnoangel
The whole YouTube influencer side bar conversations popping up right and left in threads is killing my last remaining brain cell. That Horse has been so beaten to death Elmer’s Glue wouldn’t even take it. :banghead:

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
The whole YouTube influencer side bar conversations popping up right and left in threads is killing my last remaining brain cell. That Horse has been so beaten to death Elmer’s Glue wouldn’t even take it. :banghead:
I mean if he’s not a recommended source of information nobody’s told me about it. If you’d like to explain why I’d be more than happy to never recommend someone new to the hobby to watch him again. I don’t watch or recommend anyone but him, and I’m more active here than I’ll ever be on YouTube for anything.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I mean if he’s not a recommended source of information nobody’s told me about it. If you’d like to explain why I’d be more than happy to never recommend someone new to the hobby to watch him again. I don’t watch or recommend anyone but him, and I’m more active here than I’ll ever be on YouTube for anything.
I wasn’t saying that nor directing my
comment at you. My point to be made is it gets exhausting following threads that end up rabbit holed into why only one vlogger/blogger is the only real credible video media source and the thread does in a bashing frenzy; hasn’t happens here yet, and hopefully won’t go there.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I wasn’t saying that nor directing my
comment at you. My point to be made is it gets exhausting following threads that end up rabbit holed into why only one vlogger/blogger is the only real credible video media source and the thread does in a bashing frenzy; hasn’t happens here yet, and hopefully won’t go there.
I think it’s because most of the “tarantula youtubers” don’t even focus on husbandry or information at all. I don’t care what people watch to be honest, just thought it may be helpful to someone who’s brand new.

Almadabes

Arachnoknight
You're quite crotchety, ain't ya?
I see you've met Viper. Lol
They mean well. And theyre not wrong.

If you have any questions about general care you'll want to find sources here. Lotta long time keepers offer great guides and stuff.

Keep it simple, you've picked a good T for that. They're quite hardy and dont require much besides dirt and a peice of cork bark.

Don't focus on... Extra stuff.
Bioactive, springtails, trying to perfectly maintain temp or humidity, etc.
All that stuff is a headache for now.

Right now - feed it when you need to, fill the water dish, and stare lovingly while it does absolutely nothing.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
No- Read here and read again till you die, then ask specific questions.

99% of questions asked here by beginners have been answered Before I was a member thousands of times.

Anyone that claims they researched and can’t find the answers is either a liar (I’ve proven that with some people), too lazy/

Doesn’t take a PhD to raise these animals successful nor breed them.

Lastly new people need to use Critical Thinking skills AND need to stop posting about everything they think is “weird” just because they have not observed some behavior

Ask yourself - is my T eating, pooping and molting? If yes- then you unlikely need to ask a question.
But if their dead...how do they ask questions??????

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Welcome to the "I got a jar of dirt " club 😁 there isn't really anything I can say that hasn't been said , dirt corkbark food water catch cup n tongs , and your golden . Read the threads on here there are at least 10 on each subject 😅 but most importantly chill this is a long process and t's do things at their own pace, enjoy watching your baby grow , eat, and doing it's spooda stuff. It's a slow process but extremely rewarding IMO 😊 Have fun 😁