Just ordered my first 2 T's

chrsrgnt

Arachnopeon
Just ordered my first 2 T's, which are a Mexican Red Knee and a P. Irminia. Glad to finally start my collection, I have experience with a few T's such as the B. Smithi, OBT, and Cobalt blue, ive heard they Mexican Red Knee's were pretty docile, so theres no concern for them, but if there is any information you can share from experience with the P. Irminia's it would be helpful{D

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
congrats on the order buddy, i saw you have some family I guess raises T's too, so sounds like you're off to a good start.

P. irminia, being my favorite species, is an awesome spider. While I wouldn't necessarily 'recommend' it as a beginner sp, your experience with other species will be enough I'm sure.

Are there any questions you have in particular about the irminia? I assume its young, so you will have plenty of time to work with it as it grows in 'confidence'..lol

-Sean

chrsrgnt

Arachnopeon
No questions really just seeing if theres anything i should definately know about them i havent researched them much, and for the overconfidence comment, i wouldnt have ordered it if i wasnt comfortable with it. Im not some little kid lol i hope you didnt get the wrong impression lol im 19 and have experience with some pretty skittish/aggressive T's so i believe its not confidence but its being confortable with the species, thanks tho....

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
No worries bro.. Just remember if its young, it may want to burrow alot, and as it molts it'll turn more arboreal.. so make sure its got room to do all that.

-Sean

chrsrgnt

Arachnopeon
I've heard they are "bitey" that's not a problem, it's their nature... and i had a cobalt almost bite me lol so I'm not really worried about bites its just what they do

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Ultra fast. Strong venom. Look, but don't touch. Wish I could get one too.
The venom is NOT that bad.. sure it may leave a bit more of a sting then normal NW's, but nothing terrible. Only difficulty for handling is the speed, (if you're into it).

-Sean

Lolita

Arachnoknight
No questions really just seeing if theres anything i should definately know about them i havent researched them much, and for the overconfidence comment, i wouldnt have ordered it if i wasnt comfortable with it. Im not some little kid lol i hope you didnt get the wrong impression lol im 19 and have experience with some pretty skittish/aggressive T's so i believe its not confidence but its being confortable with the species, thanks tho....
i'm friends with your uncle on here i'm 19 as well i have a bunch of smithi's lol brachypelma's are some of my favs and i want a irminia really bad welcome to keeping T's you should definitely post pics when you get your new spiders

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'm friends with your uncle on here. i'm 19 as well. i have a bunch of smithi's, lol brachypelma's are some of my favs and i want a irminia really bad. welcome to keeping T's, you should definitely post pics when you get your new spiders

fixed your punctuation!

Last edited:

kristinnandbenn

Arachnopeon
Awesome starter T's. Old word species aren't monsters like everyone makes them out to be. As long as you realize when you're interacting with the spider that it is VERY fast and unpredictable, you have nothing to worry about. No tarantulas have bites that are anything to be scared of, just be cautious.